• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Serious help needed here....

Tyraboots

It's been two months and I haven't lost a pound. And I am eating out of control. Even though it is making me dump, I am still persevering with cakes etc. Admittedly not in the quantities I used to be able to shovel in, but I am turning to my old enemy for comfort again.
I am having a rough time of it lately, my mother is dying and my father is suicidal. My brother is no use, so its just me and the doctor doing anything.
I am also addicted to co codamol. I take virtually double the dose now and I have such a feeling of well being when I take it. I don't do anything else like smoke or drink. I take it because of severe back and hip pain, that hasn't abated even though I have lost 8 stones.
My daughter and I are supposed to be going to India in March 2011. I'm a buddhist and I feel a need to get out there again and spend sometime in a sacred place to ground myself. (It worked before)
How can I get the weight moving off again, I need to get another 3 stone off. Would going on the milk diet do it?
Any imput is appreciated. Please feel free to be as angry as you want to be, I know I am blowing this chance that many of you out there are waiting for.

Tyra, please stop beating yourself up! It sounds like you are going through a horrific period in your life with no support. I personally feel that your eating is a massive issue i think it's your old way of coping with stress reemerging it's ugly head. Firstly i think you need to go see your gp for some counselling, having someone to talk too will help you deal with what's happening to some degree. Next, is there a buddhist temple in your area where you can go and try and get some spiritual help? Maybe this will help you while you are waiting for your longed for trip next year? Lastly the 'addiction' to co-codamol, you can address your issues with your gp re this but you need to be completely honest and explain everything!

I'm sending you all my love and calming thoughts during this challenging and very emotional rollercoaster of a time you're having.

xxx

I'm not going to be angry... I really feel for you and am sending you hugs and support. :hug99: You have the world on your shoulders at the moment and it takes courage to open your heart in the way you have just done and cry for help. Can you talk to your doctor ? Do you have a close friend, or cousin to turn to ? You really need some support to help you through this. It goes without saying that we're all here for you, but I feel you need more than that too. Take care xxx

Hi Tyra,
I am so sorry to hear that you are in such acute and enduring pain... I am wondering if this may be something to do with how you are feeling and if I were you, I would be open and honest with my GP and try and get an alternative pain control to co-codamol... the side effects of co-codamol are not brilliant (check out, because this may also have a bearing on your weight).

Get a plan drawn up after the Bank Holiday and act upon it on Tuesday or as soon as you can...

I would firstly start with your GP... start shopping and leaving out the high calorie, fat items immediately and replace with colourful, cheerful, fruit and vegetables.

I love going to occasional visits to a Buddhist Temple and the solitude and sanctuary I feel there is enormous....

Please don't give up... you can turn this around...

Keep us posted...

Much love and hugs to you and yours xxx

oh Tyra... A big hug to you first of all.

Please speak to the GP re the addiction to cocodamol. Pain killer addiction is common and Im sure he can give you something more suitable. Cocodamol can cause constipation which will have a bearing on your weight.

Re the diet, take it a day at a time. Perhaps use food focus and see how many cals you should have to lose 1lb a week. Up the fluids, and see how you go, but many of us have turned to food for comfort in the past so we know how you feel.

You really do have a lot to cope with at the moment so most of all be kind to yourself x

Hi There,

I spent two years addicted to codine and it is not doing you any good. Please please seek help for this. It is very important that you do not try to do this cold turkey.
I had professional help and I cut down by 1 tablet a day each week so it was a slow slow process. But I have been off this now for a year.
It takes time to come to terms with the pain - and the mental anguish that the codine numbs.
Please seek help for this.
Try the codinefree website (can't get the link at work I'm afriad - don't want to get done) this may be of some help.
x

I am sending all good wishes to you and would agree with all the advice you have received so far but most of all be gentle on yourself. No-one ever said we had to be perfect and you are having a lot to deal with so it is only natural that you will need support. Food has always been there in the past so it is the usual thing to go back to it. Remember all the things you have read about wls not curing all of the problems of life and this is the case for you. My favourite motto is 'this, too, will pass' so it is a matter of taking each difficult day at a time and getting through that without thinking too far ahead. Try to give yourself credit for the positive things you have done with weight loss and not beat yourself up - I think we are all good at that.
Good luck to you and keep posting for all of the support you will get from the site
Loads of love
JO XX

I really feel for you but can't offer any more advice than has been offered above.

You've lost a massive amount of weight!!! That's brilliant, marvellous, fantastic!!! You must be so proud of that at least!!

I've heard of people doing a 'pouch test' (think that's the terminology) diet, could you try that?

Having our op's isnt going to immediately conquer our attitudes/issues with food that got us to this point in the first place. So please don't be too hard on urself!!

Cant really add to all the advice already given but just wanted to say with all you are going through Im not suprised you are struggling! If there is anything I can do to help please dont hesitate to ask, thinking of you and your family....Take care (HUGS) x

Again can't add to the great advice already given, you are going through one hell of a time and the combination is too much for you to deal with on your own. Please contact the professionals and let them help you, baby steps hun and please accept a huge hug from me to you x

Please see your GP about the co-codamol - there are other analgesics you can have still addictive - but the paracetamol will be damaging your liver - and liver failure is absolutely horrible - not just for you but for your family too.

No other useful advise different from that already put - could you try a 5 day pouch test?

Do you think you could have clinical depression and need treatment - you have an awful lot on your plate

Love and huggles

xxxx

hugs36.jpg

Back