• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep Apnoea test

MoonCake

I've just got a letter with an appointment to collect a CPAP machine from Papworth then return the next day for a consultation (4-5 sept)

I'm a bit nervous that I won't sleep with the machine on.. Has anyone had this test? What's it like?

MoonCake xXx

I have been under papworth for nearly a year now. I didn't have a cpap machine first though. I had a machine with a finger probe overnight to test oxygen levels. :)

It might just be a monitor like you had then, my letter is confusing lol

How does it stay on overnight?

MoonCake xXx

If your just starting out will prob we the finger probe. You don't even realise it's there just clips on your finger :)

Ok phew :) I'm just a bit concerned as I move alot in my sleep that it will come off without me realising

MoonCake xXx

Ha ha honestly I move around too, it won't be a problem. The CPAP machine on the other hand is a nightmare!!! Lol

The biggest issue I have with the cpap is leaks - these weren't an issue before my op but post op I am finding it difficult.

I'm only in the second week with Cpap but feel worse than I did before. Think it may just take time to get used to. :)

Just out of interest are you local to Papworth Mooncake? I have just applied for funding in Suffolk but really don't know how it's going to pan out, already been refused once :-(

Yes I'm in Suffolk, bury st Edmunds and have been turned down 3 times by the PCT so I'm fighting hard!

MoonCake xXx

Arrgghh that's not good, guess they have told you test you need diabetes or sleep apnea???? Been diagnosed with sleep apnea but the pct stated it had to be severe and I have been diagnosed with at least moderate! Just know they gonna refuse me on that one word! Referall was sent off last Thursday so just keeping my fingers crossed that whoever looks at it is in a good mood! Lol

Thats not too bad then!! How do you contact them? Am hoping that it is the Suffolk PCT my Gp has applied to as I am on the Cambridgeshire border so could be either????

it seems like they are only saying if you have sleep apnoa or diabetes but what about other physical problems i have a hernia, that they wont operate on because of my weight and back problems with discproblems and two frozenshoulders at the moment which they wont operate on because of weight x if that not enough dont know what is so they wait till i develop diabetes and apnoa or have a stroke then ill be able to have it crap might be dead then x

nigglybits how is your process going? how did u go about having a sleep apnea test? what are the symtoms? how would i know if i had it? sorry lot of questions x
:)

Back