• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep Apnoea Testing - Sunderland

Undecided

Does anyone know how they decide what tests you get at Sunderland ? I've seen this one mentioned but not had it.

I've had the gastroscopy.

I only had an endoscopy they can't have thought that I needed a sleep apnoea test either, but my aunty has just had one, so it must depend on individual circumstances, Karen x

At my first clinic appointment with the surgeon i completed a questionnaire designed to identify sleep apnoea issues (it asked about sleeping patterns, whether i nodded off during the day etc) Presumably i did okay on the questionnaire as they never sent me for any other related tests

I had a questionnaire too they asked some worrying questions like do you fall asleep whilst driving!! I scored quite low so didn't need any further tests

I dont remember any sleeping questions. Was it on the same form about have you ever wanted to kill yourself etc ? lol

i dont know how i scored on the questionnaire but i remember him checking the answers and asking in my first appointment had i even had a sleep apnea test - didnt have a clue what he was talking about so i just said oh yeah i had one and it was fine - not sure if that saved me having to have one !!!!!

The questions about killing yourself were the physiological questions I think lol obviously I wasn't too insane and I passed that one too

Back