• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SRH will i get knocked back?

mickymcd

Im awaiting bypass @ Sunderland royal i had balloon removal in October 2011 i lost a stone before balloon insertion to reach my target then i lost a further 3.5 stone with balloon insertion.Since removal ive regained weight :mad: a lot has happend since last April my father had a severe stroke im now his carer also my mother in law passed away at Christmas the emotional eating has dented my tracks.I need this op as im so depressed of being a yo yo dieter im in fear of getting refused my op does anyone have experience being refused? i know at Sunderland in one of the seminars they mentioned a retry etc :confused:

You might get referred to tony wells I did cos I never lost any weight with the balloon. They say normally 6 weeks after balloon is removed that u will get bypass but if u haven't heard anything I suggest u ring up tell the secretary that u had balloon removed and not heard anything . I had my balloon taken out sep 2010 and when they realised I'd waited so long the rushed my op through as I houldnt have waited that long

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

if its alot of weight srh will delay your pathway to surgery they will want to know the reasons why, they may send you to see the phsycologist x

Cheers im less weight than target they set at but im finding it difficult i do so well then something knocks me for six :confused:

Hi Mickymcd, sorry to hear that you're having family problems at the moment and that the emotional eating is creeping back upon you.

Just wondered - did you see Tony or another pschologist before your balloon or was it your first choice rather than go for bypass initially?

I've just got a balloon prior to bypass (to see how I cope with restriction) and my fear is that I'll put on any weight that I've lost once its removed.

Sunderland know that we're at risk of slipping back into old habits so they probably expect a little regain - and I was told that they do try and rush you through (within 2 months) to bypass following balloon removal.

Back