• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

slow weight loss, not happy

jo86

well i calculated my BMR at 2575 calories...so if i understand correctly i need to eat this and do no exercise all day every day to maintain current weight.

Now weight loss was bit up and down over xmas but after that i stuck to 2000 cals per day and lost what i needed to for appointment by end of jan. weight loss stopped and in past 5 weeks i been eating 1200 - 1300 cals per day at most because i wanna try lose bit more for my themepark holiday in june...oh and did i say we planning to get married next year so every little bit helps now seems as tho we all know hoe unpredictable hospitals are! :D but anyways i only lost 4lbs since reducing and nothing in past week :( i know a loss is a loss but im not seeing the results for the effort and willpower im putting in

Now i'm not over energetic but i have been going to gym twice a week and swimming once a week...the instructor works out my training schedule and it gets me all outta puff and sweaty so i guess thats good. There are days i stay in been quite lazy watching toy story films with my kids...not often tho only if it crappy weather and i aint got the car.
and past week since i got laptop i been doing some zumba off you tube as i can have laptop downstaires where i can still watch kids...and they join in lol

So why is someone my size not losing more?!?!!! i don't understand and getting frustrated, anyone else have this problem i feel like im cheating when i aint :S x

It sounds like you are not eating enough. I would suggest trying my fitness pal. Enter your weight etc and how much you want to lose per week and it will calculate a calorie allowance appropriate.

Good luck x

Hi . . . can I ask you hight and age ?

thanks maz feel like im eating enough if i wasn't i'd usually cave. i know i usually skip breakfast well by time i sorted kids out and chores its usually 11ish so i'd weight till 12:30pm for lunch i know i really should eat brekky. apart from days i go to gym i know i need brekky then. its something i should make an effort with x

Hey kevin i'm 5ft 7ins and 24years but feel like a 80year old lol x

ok i've joined my fitness pal...seems quite useful.

This site says i should be consuming 2470 cals per day to lose 2lbs per week...a bit optimistic but id like it if this could happen for a month x

it seems the BRM is around 2500 to stand still . . . I am the same i can not get myself in to brekky mode unless it has 2 eggs bacon sausage fried bread and all the rest !xx

haha keving yeh i could probs manage that but even then it would all be done with fry light mushrooms, poached eggs and grilled sausages because i don't cook in fat haven't for years!!! I think by time i fought with a 1 and 2 year old to eat brekky (often they have me making different breakfast..too picky!) i just wanna sit down with a cuppa and then i get my tidying up started

Yup if your skipping breakfast and only eating 1300 cals your body thinks its starving so holding onto stuff... Use your fitness pal and hopefully the results will happen xx

Definitely could be you are not eating enough. I was cutting down to 800-900 calories and myweight loss was not really happening. Increased to 1200 and lost 5lbs that week, so seemed to work.

Try upping food intake a bit and see what happens

I'm finding if I can manage to eat around 900 calories, my weightloss is better... I've managed to eat a little more this week and noticed I've gone down 3lbs.

Good luck precious. I know it's not easy at all... but we are at your side and many of us have the same types of issues so don't hesitate to shout. Love and hugs xxx

If I ate 2400 calories daily I would put on weight. To maintain I am on about 2000. so would need less than that to lose, hence where I am now. Interesting how we can all use different amounts daily to just maintain.

Back