• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

snacks

Raynebubble

sorry another stupid question from divvy me.....

say i had a snack inbetween meals ie a babybel light or a cheese triangle.... do you still have to go by the same drinking rule... ie no drinking half hour after and before??

sorry another stupid question from divvy me.....

say i had a snack inbetween meals ie a babybel light or a cheese triangle.... do you still have to go by the same drinking rule... ie no drinking half hour after and before??

YES you must follow the rule! No drinking and eating at the same time ever

ok thankyou, that answered my question xx

You are ok to drink up to 5 mins before eating just not for half an hour after (according to my dietician at St. Georges). I do sometimes have a tiny sip though afterwards if what I've just eaten has made my mouth dry.

Kate x

the reason i asked was... cos if we have a meal then wait then start drinking then stop to have a snack... then start again.... there would be no time in the day for drinking..if you know what i mean lol
I brought some light babybels... and just dont knowwhe in the day to have one lol

I asked about the eating drinking thing at Luton & Dunstable Hospital - they basically said dont get too hung up about the timings of it, but aim not to be full of liquid before you eat, so you have maximum room for food! They said that, as things progress, there's no reason why, if you are eating enough and keeping healthy, that you couldnt have a small glass of something with your meal. I'm still not at that sort of stage, but perhaps one day!

ooh... i was watching come dine with me a few months back and there was a woman on there and she had a bypass op... and she was eating and drinking at the same time...
lol sorry totally randem but that just came into my head!

cos if we drink with our food our bodies wont absorb the vitamins and goodness in our foods and we can get malnurished... well the first few months that can happen.
Also if your pouch is full with fluid there wont be any room for food.
Correct me if im wrong lol... i think thats the reason xx

A few reasons, Doughie. First your pouch needs to be empty so you can eat & secondly drinking after eating washes the food through too quickly & before your bod can get all the nutrients from it. xxx :)

yeah thats how i meant to say it lol xx

ahh see i wasnt told this either and i am drinking fairly quickly after eating as it helps the food go down!!! doh no wonder i m not loosing anything:sigh:

oh Debz i have no idea why they didnt tell you this. some people can drink up to five mins before... i could on pureed, but my guidlines now say on soft food...do not drink 30 mins before or after a meal... so im sticking to that x but it does confuse me if you have a snack.. as that means another hour without fluids... which i need to keep up due to water infection

oh Debz i have no idea why they didnt tell you this. some people can drink up to five mins before... i could on pureed, but my guidlines now say on soft food...do not drink 30 mins before or after a meal... so im sticking to that x but it does confuse me if you have a snack.. as that means another hour without fluids... which i need to keep up due to water infection

There is no time to drink - i guess we have to drink during the hour between breakfast and snack then the hour between snack and lunch

so for example

7 - 7 30 drink
8 - 8 30 breakfast
9 - 10 drink
11 snack
11 30 - 12 30 drink
1 pm lunch

1 30 - 2 30 drink

3 pm snack

3 30 - 5 30 drink all you can

6 dinner

7 - 11 drink so you have to stay up all night weeing, then cos you are awake weeking you can drink again :eek::D:eek::D

etc - goodness me i wont have time to work!!

it is important the fluids...trust me ive been suffering from an unknown water infecin for over 3 weeks now and had 4 different atibiotics and a2 day stay in hospital x

I eat and drink all the time, I have all if my life and still do post bypass, I do still get my daily food intake and fluids in, I don't drink loads when am eating, but I can't eat and not drink at all, everyone's different ull find what works best for u xx

I'm with you. I never have any time to drink. Now I'm getting kidney stones, and only 4 weeks post op.

Sorry but that's just cobblers

If you eat six times a day that's an absolute maximum of nine hours where you shouldn't be drinking. If you wake at seven in the morning and go to bed at ten that still leaves you six hours to drink the required amount of clear fluid. That means you would only have to drink half a litre an hour to get a huge three litres down your neck.

Proper hydration is chuffin vital not only to protect your renal system, but fat is only metabolised for fuel in a fluid medium so if you want healthy kidneys and maximum weight loss, just drink the fluid

I am not a big drinker full stop so i find myself struggling with taking in 2ltr, so if after i have eaten i need a drink i do sip small amounts of water. I try not to do this often but if i dont i will always struggle to take in fluids. I have noticed the days/weeks when i drink more its seen in my weight loss so my new year aim is to make sure i drink a minimum of 2ltrs :D

Its purely a matter of timing and being organised. I carry a bottle of water everywhere i go and even now make a mental note of the time after a meal that i can start drinking again. Its vital and also helps the wrinkles disappear to drink plenty. I always know when im getting dehydrated as my wrinkles get deeper LOL!

Back