• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So annoyed!

kellsbells

Told my mum dad an sis that I was having a band done and asked them either to support me or say nothing about it they said it was my choice they were behind me etc then mum asked my fella what time my consultation was tomorrow and they were talkin about it an she asked him how much it was costing he told her 5000 and she just text me sayin she's not nagging me and she knows that I want it but it's a short term fix and it's no good if I won't exercise bla bla bla I'm fuming!!! I don't do the gym at the min cos I'll be the fattest one there I have a treadmill at home the use of free weights and a bike I can alternate these as and when I want then she said as I have to repay the money back I won't be able to go out and enjoy myself as I will be skint!! I told her I have really researched this and have spoken to my go about if etc, I know she's lookin out for me but I'm on such a downer now plus pmt and all I want to do is cry! Sorry for rambling on just needed to vent :-( xxx

Don't let it get you down, like you said she is only looking out for you xx

Hi Kel - sorry you are running into objections. I did from a friend I really thought would think it fine. Dont worry, and try not to spend lots of time justifying it. For me it has been the most positive decision I made in a very long time. Apart from my weight loss I just feel confident, so well and as some one put it today "you just seem to have a whole different aura about you". Just say you respect mum's concerns but state you will be okay and this is a definite decision. Good luck. Tracey xxx

I have the same here they keep telling me I will fail before I have my band, pisses me off!!
But I will show them, and it's my money and if I'm skint then I won't be able to buy food lol

Hope you feel better soon, if ever you want to vent you can message me !!,

Where you getting your band done?

Let it go over your head sweetie parents are a different generation and will always say these things :)

You are doing this for you and no one else.

As for being skint and not going out we can't eat or drink properly so work quite well ! Lol

Chin up x

Thanks girls I know she's just concerned but just got me down a bit Carre im getting banded at Dolan park as long As I get the say so tomorrow hopefully on 7th oct eeekkk xxx

I've probably said this already but good luck for tomorrow and remember this is for you and you can do it! xx

No it not no quick fix but u no that u have done ur research and u no what u have to do!!
plus u are doing exercise at home so u will lose and tone up.
Yeah u may have to stay in as u may be skint but that for u to worrie about. if u gotta stay in for the next 5 yr as long as ur happy it makes no difference.

There probley are worried about u my mum cried the week leading up to my operation and begged me not to have it done and I rember her saying all r family fat and were all happy. So y couldnt I b the same
I told my family I was always slim but in past 5 yr I got fatter
My husband loves me and am in happy so am doing it for me now I've had it done mum fine and very supportive

I think u have to do what best for u and if having the band is what will do it for u, then go for it!!!!
As long as ur happy bf/ hubby is then that all that matters,
I wish u all the best but please don't get dis hearten there just worried about u :)
Look forward to reading ur story
What date op??
Best luck Lisa x

Oh that's great, very soon, I'm at Dolan park on the 14th sept on my pre op diet at the mo.

Bricking it, just want it done and get on with finding a new me.

After having my babies just couldnt get rid of the weight.

lisa1983 said:
No it not no quick fix but u no that u have done ur research and u no what u have to do!!
plus u are doing exercise at home so u will lose and tone up.
Yeah u may have to stay in as u may be skint but that for u to worrie about. if u gotta stay in for the next 5 yr as long as ur happy it makes no difference.

There probley are worried about u my mum cried the week leading up to my operation and begged me not to have it done and I rember her saying all r family fat and were all happy. So y couldnt I b the same
I told my family I was always slim but in past 5 yr I got fatter
My husband loves me and am in happy so am doing it for me now I've had it done mum fine and very supportive

I think u have to do what best for u and if having the band is what will do it for u, then go for it!!!!
As long as ur happy bf/ hubby is then that all that matters,
I wish u all the best but please don't get dis hearten there just worried about u :)
Look forward to reading ur story
What date op??
Best luck Lisa x

Thanks Hun if all goes well op will be 7th oct good luck with your weightloss will keep my eye out for your diary x

Carre said:
Oh that's great, very soon, I'm at Dolan park on the 14th sept on my pre op diet at the mo.

Bricking it, just want it done and get on with finding a new me.

After having my babies just couldnt get rid of the weight.

Not long now hun! You will be fine I can even blame baby weight as I was fat before hand lol xxx

I think I have grown very good at the whole blame thing truth be told I have no self control... Can't wait to crack on with it !!!!

My Mum, was shocked when I told her how much the op would cost but, I told her that if I added up what I have spent over the years on slimming magazines/books (believe me I have had EVERY diet book known to man), slimming clubs,(tried them all) slimming pills (tried them all), diet foods, (tried them all) gyms etc etc then we would be talking so much more
Take this as a challenge and prove her wrong however, as the others have said she's most probably just concerned about you having an op

wishing you lots of luck hune, about your mum, i am sure when you are happier and slimmer she'll be the first to congratulate you. and your right if we add all the money we have wasted on diet food, magazine clubs and books dvd videos pill etc it must be the cost of our ops you are right to do this, and when she can see you be sucessful she will be thrilled for you.

Ah I had the same. All I said was "I asked for your support, not your opinion"- but then mums will always give advice even if it's not asked for! xxx

Thank you all for your support and kind words OH just messages me an said I'm 100% with you just make sure you ask the questions you want ( I have a list lol) I'm sure mum will be ok she just worries about us but has said let her know what date my ip will be as she will take the day off ( shell prob mind baba ) xxx

You just have to do what you think is right for you. Often we put others before ourselves. It's not an easy option but it's definitely worth the work, and if you think the time is right for you now, GO for it :)

Back