• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soft Motions!

Lesley110

Warning - horrible graphic detail below.

I am dropping this line as I am having problems with my bowel movements. I had my bypass a week today, I think I may have a dairy intolerance, but have to have milky drinks and yoghurts to reach my protein targets. Since Monday I have been going to the loo twice a day and things have been loose and a vivid marigold yellow! Yesterday I know I overate some soup and boy did I know it, severe diarrhoea almost water!
On the whole (except for yesterday) I don't think I am overeating, I seem to be on par with Roch in quantity and quality, I thought I would post this to see if anyone else has had similar problems or should I get onto my team for advice?

morning Lesley,

For the first couple of weeks post op, my movements were very loose and I also thought something was wrong as others were reporting of constipation.

You could try having lactofree milk, if you think it might be that, but I think you will find that once you start moving onto more solid food things will sort themselves out.

Phew, I really thought I was alone as everyone seems to be complaining about constipation! My Hubby did suggest trying the lactose free dairy, which I might try next week.

Hi Lesley
I wasn't going as frequently as you (but i do have IBS) but my movements were soft and light in colour after my op.
That all changed of course since i started the iron supplements !!
See how you go over the next few days and if still concerned give Kim a call. Hows the wind now and hows Trev doing ?

Hi Lesley
I wasn't going as frequently as you (but i do have IBS) but my movements were soft and light in colour after my op.
That all changed of course since i started the iron supplements !!
See how you go over the next few days and if still concerned give Kim a call. Hows the wind now and hows Trev doing ?

Well I too have IBS and I won't be taking the iron supplements as it they don't stay in my body very long!
I am reducing my milk intake today, also making sure that I don't overeat, but will call Kim if necessary.
I have resorted to gripe water and it has been a life saver, I have to get up once during the night, have a pee which is accompanied by the various wind instruments!
Trev is very tired as he was only able to get 2 hours sleep during his treatment, so is just about to crash on the settee for a couple of hours. Thanks

It's quite normal to have yellow poos if you're on a predominantly milk diet. Remember those baby nappies before they were weaned? ;)

It's quite normal to have yellow poos if you're on a predominantly milk diet. Remember those baby nappies before they were weaned? ;)
Hell that was 20 years ago!!!! I had completely forgotton about baby nappies, I even managed to get out of the granddaughters smelly nappies lol.

a lot of the time it is purely because you are only having liquids therefore what goes in comes out type of thing. When you go onto more solid foods they will become more firmer and obviously a different colour. But dont worry everything is fine. Gail x

I changed my diet yesterday to include a jacket potato for dinner with a dot of philly and for tea I had poached salmon and cream cheese - both pureed I hasten to add. Only had the one motion and the colour has changed again lol! Wonder how many colours it come in?

Thanks for posting this as my motions went a weird yellow colour as well post op and still do occasionally. My bowels still haven't settled down much, I've either got the runs or constipation (going through the latter phase at the minute) but I don't want to take anything for it as it usually sorts itself out.

Back