• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pancreatic insufficiency?

didi

I've been having lots of bowel problems - won't go into too much detail except to say I hate going out in public if I don't know where there's a loo and lots of other nasty things I'd rather not go into. It's not dumping and is an everyday problem now.:cry:

Anyway GP thinks I might have pancreatic insufficiency and I wondered if anyone else has had this, heard of it or can offer any suggestions. Research on web seems to agree with my symptoms apart from not suffering any weight loss, unfortunately, I've been static for months even though I need to lose more.

Being referred back to team on urgent basis as not due to be seen again before June (if I'm lucky) they seem to have a different time scale to me for check ups.

Really tired all the time, taking all my meds and B12 jabs so no idea why nearly 18 months after op I should be having problems.

Be interested to see if I'm alone in this.

:confused::confused:

Reactions: Bev
I havnt heard of this before Lynda but it sounds horrible, I really feel for you and hope there is something they can do to help XX

I've had no experience of this post bypass.

But did have some of these types of symptoms a few years ago when I had gallbladder and bile duct issues.

Please let us know how you get on.

Love and hugs xxx

Gall bladder removed many moons ago. When it started quite a while ago I thought I'd picked up a tummy bug that was being hard to shift but there's no bug that can hang around this long!! I disappear at work often very suddenly and they sometimes send out a search party as I'm gone so long - joking apart it's very embarassing and is really beginning to turn me into a recluse. Hope they don't take too long to see me and there's something they can do to help, not just tell me it's one of the side effects I'll have to learn to live with.

Aww dear, it sounds like an awful management issue at times... I don't know about this but some of the experienced banders may well have some knowledge.

Just sending a humungous hug and wishing you well xxx

Back