• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soft stage

pooh71

I'll be starting soft stage the middle of the week as I'll be four weeks post-op. its gone so quick!

Any advice on good things to eat? I can think of eggs, fish pie and cottage pie. Also what quantities will I need to be thinking about? I've heard people say you can get more through on purée stage, so just curious how much people eat in this next stage. x

I had a wrap - so not as long a recovery time I don't think and a minor op in comparison to the sleeve

I was tolerating thick soups so well on the liquid stage, that I've moved on to small portions of soft scrambled eggs, fish pie etc already (even had some chicken casserole yesterday - cooked to disintegration in the slow cooker.... though I'm on puree stage with no trouble at all.

I think you'll find if you try a tiny amount, leave it a few hours and then see - your body will tell you what it's ready for.

I had a wrap - so not as long a recovery time I don't think and a minor op in comparison to the sleeve

I was tolerating thick soups so well on the liquid stage, that I've moved on to small portions of soft scrambled eggs, fish pie etc already (even had some chicken casserole yesterday - cooked to disintegration in the slow cooker.... though I'm on puree stage with no trouble at all.

I think you'll find if you try a tiny amount, leave it a few hours and then see - your body will tell you what it's ready for.

Thanks, yes I think I might have to invest in a small slow cooker! I made my weetabix with less milk today so it was more mushy just as a start :) I'm excited about getting on to non purée food finally! It does come round quickly.

Good luck with your wrap. We all get the same results! Xx

Jacket potatoes? No skin as its hard to digest. Omelettes are nice too x

Jacket potatoes? No skin as its hard to digest. Omelettes are nice too x

Ahh yes, good idea. Love jacket potatoes with tuna, so could eat topping first then inside the potato. I think I only need to do do soft stage for two weeks then can start introducing crunchy slowly after that. Already bought my Melba toast ready for crunchy stage :) x

I lived on 1/2 jacket with beans :)

Hi I has a wrap nearly 3 weeks ago so Im on soft stage, I can only eat 150ml of anything otherwise I feel sick and have pain. Good luck with everything.

Hi I nearly 5 weeks post bypass. I like a bit of quiche, fish fingers well chewed with beans.
Crackers have gone down fine with Philly and I have bought some pâté today to up my protein. Well chewed chicken and soft roast beef has been nice. I have struggled with prawns (gutted as I love prawns and am really put off).
X

Hi I has a wrap nearly 3 weeks ago so Im on soft stage, I can only eat 150ml of anything otherwise I feel sick and have pain. Good luck with everything.

I think everyone is different what they can manage. It's best to eat small and often when you can't get much in. I'm lucky that I seem to manage okay with the portions they suggested to me. i hope that stays when i get onto soft food! Good luck to you too. It's interesting hearing people's experiences x

When I started on soft, I couldnt manage a whole scrambled egg but boy was that scrambled egg yummy in comparison to puree (or glupy goo as I affectionately nic named it!). cold meats seemed to go down ok for me well chewed as well as all sorts of caseroles as the sauce helps to begin with. I can now eat pretty much anything (except bread and pasta) but still in really small portions. For instance, there is no way I could fit in half of even a small jacket potato, let alone beans too. Does that come with time tealovingsleever?? Good luck. You'll be well away as long as you don't overload yourself and take it slowly. : )

Yes it does and I am talking a small potato. I bought the frozen ones from McCain x

Loving low fat custard. I am managing fine on this stage and aside from prawns, everything else has gone down fine. Including beef and chicken with gravy. I did eat wholemeal toast but was advised by longer term bypasses that this was too early.
I have had shepherds pie which is nice. Anything warm seems to be gong down well as it is so cold!

Loving low fat custard. I am managing fine on this stage and aside from prawns, everything else has gone down fine. Including beef and chicken with gravy. I did eat wholemeal toast but was advised by longer term bypasses that this was too early.
I have had shepherds pie which is nice. Anything warm seems to be gong down well as it is so cold!

I love the low fat custard too, especially with banana :) I had prawns for the first time today in a fish pie. Just chewed really well and seemed fine. Did you try them in a sauce?

Hi I had them in a prawn seafood sauce on a cracker. Ugh. Yet I love prawns! Just had pâté and crackers. Went down well.

Oh dear:( maybe its something you can try later in the year to see if you still get that reaction. Yep, pâté next on my list for when I start crunchy :) Do you get a low fat one?

Back