• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Solving all of lifes problems

Sarahmaria

Being doing a lot of thinking lately. Was thinking in depth about the actual surgery-how its removing part of the stomach etc and it stuck me all of a sudden how scary/drastic it seems. I started thinking-well why cant i just eat less and not put myself through all that.
After a while i calmed down and realised that i cant 'just' eat less. Have tried that time and time again and its failed everytime. I have so many weight related problems that i NEED to do this to improve my life. I guess what im trying to ask is, is it ridiculous to think that this surgery is going to be the answer to all my problems? At the minute im pretty miserable-very inactive, suffer badly from depression, have no interest in how i look, dont want to go out/meet up with friends etc etc. I feel like this surgery may be the light at the end of a tunnel.

Did having the op majorly improve peoples lives?

Ps.sorry for the rambling-know i didnt put this very clearly.

For me although I am still very early days life was not too bad pre op. I have a good job a nice home and a lovely family and good friends. But my mobility was reducing almost weekly and I could see my life ping downhill as I was struggling to get around.

That was when I decided I needed to take control of this. Am now thrills with my bypass. Am 1 lb off loosing 6 stone since my heaviest and am painfree. I can do 20 minutes exercise and not be in pain.

I feel exactly the same as you Sarahmaria, and in pretty much the same situation. I've read so many stories of how wls help people find the determination to make their life worth living again so I think it is the light at the end of the tunnel for people like us. I don't think it will the answer to all our problems but I think once the weight starts coming off and we look and feel better we will find new strength to deal with our other problems. Like everyone always says it's a tool, and I think it's a tool for all aspects of our lives because once you get one thing in control, other things can follow. I think you will be surprise how quickly you will want to take better care of yourself and get out and see your friends when the pounds start coming off and when your life improves that way, it will encourage you to keep the weight loss going so you continue to feel good. That's what I hope for anyway. Keep thinking forward and good luck :) x

Last edited:
Who wants such a big stomach anyway? I was GLAD to see the back of it! I love my sleeve!

Back