• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having doubts

Sarahmaria

Hey guys.
I'm due to have a sleeve in a few weeks time and I've noticed over the past few days that doubts are beginning to creep in. I know i need this surgery-im miserable being overweight and also have pcos which isnt helped by being obese. I cant help these crippling doubts tho.
The money.
The fact that im removing a part of my body which works perfectly.
The thought of having leaks or anaemia/deficiencies down the line.
Etc etc

Are these thoughts that occur to everyone? Do you really lead a better life as a sleever?

Xx

Had the same doubts & more. 4 months post op I love my sleeve. I was getting almost immobile with my back & the pain was so bad. Blood pressure dangerously high too. Today I walked down the hill & all through the Farmers market, did my shopping, back up the hill. Cooked a magnificent dinner for my boy friend. I could hardly walk pre op. Nearly 7 stones lighter, loads of new clothes & underwear, life couldn't be better. Good luck.

Doubts r natural! I had them all. Just think of why u wanted the surgery in the first place! For me it was to b more active for my kids. I'm now 2weeks post op I've lost 12lb since the op. and start soft foods next week.

It's still early days for me but so far I'm loving it. Not feeling hungry and having that constant battle with food is an amazing feeling xxxx

Back