• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Some advice...for what its worth

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
I have some advice that I would like to share, I hope its ok for me to do so.
Ok, so pretty much all of us have some pretty major self esteem issues, I know that I sure do, I find it so easy to point out my faults and to focus on them.
My advice is something that I have taken to doing each morning when I get up...I cant say that it works 100%, I still have major self esteem issues, but it does help me lots.
I stand in front of my bathroom mirror and I make myself find something good about myself and I make myself comment on it. Even if its something as simple as "hair isnt so bad today, nice volume" or "my eyes look big and clear today" just something simple, and then I make myself smile and then I carry on with my day. You have resist the urge to say "urgh look at those black circles" or "ick...a zit" lol
I know this sounds silly but since I started doing this I have felt a lot better in myself. Most days it is very hard to find something to comment on, but I do it and I intend to carry on doing it.
I know that most of you wont do this...but I just wanted to share my bit of advice for anyone that fancies giving it a try. I kind of treat it as being as important as taking my vitamins etc its just good for you! xx
Steph xx

I think its a great idea Steph, I suggested doing it to someone else the other day. I have so many self esteem issues lol and I do try and find something to be happy about even if its only that I think I have nice hands and feet :eek: Id rather have a face like a film star and a body to die for but its a start :D XX

Lol Jacqui its a very good daily exercise isnt it, hell, even weekly is good.
Steph xx

It is hun, Im sure everyone can find one little thing that they like about themselves, once you find one I think its easier to find another :D XX

I just have to get to the point whereby I can actually look in the bathroom mirror first!! Ha, ha

I avoid mirrors like the plague. I can honestly say that I can get dressed without looking once in the mirror. I've got a tiny mirror that I put mu make-up on with that & that's it.

Hopefully, as my weight goes down I'll get a bit more confident.

But its a great tip Stephie ;)

You will Jacci, as your weight decreases your confidence will grow. You should have a try though cos I can see from here that you have loads of things to like :D XX

I used to be like that too Jacci...I used to feel sick and upset when I looked in mirrors, I would face them to the wall! Its easier now though.
I agree with Jacqui...you should try now because from what Ive seen you are a very good looking woman.
Steph xx

Wellllllllll...Im open minded Jacqui but yes I did mean in a totally non lesbian way lol
Steph xx

Ha, ha!!! I still can't face looking in a full length mirror, ho way!! But thanks for the compliment ;)

*has a not so sneaky ogle of Jacqui*....niiiiiiiice, I feel better now hehe
Steph xx

I've been thinking. So Stephie does that mean if you were a lesbian you wouldn't fancy me ;)

Boooo hoooooooo :cry::cry:

H, ha

Thanks Dotty ;) I think you are too. I tell my boys I'm a MILF & they go wild, shouting "you're not mam, that's sick"!! Ha, ha

I love winding up my hormonal, moody teenage son's.

Back