• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sore throat

purrdreamz

Hi all
Has anyone had a sore throat after the surgery, i had my bypass last thursday 29th my throat seems to be getting worse can just about drink fluids, was not this bad after the op. Obviously due to the tubes.
Went to docs this morning and he said it is trauma, no infection there.
I am going to call the team tomorrow, anyone any ideas what it could be.:sigh:

I didnt get this after bypass, but I do have it this evening after my gallbladder op today.

The anaesthetist did say it was a common side effect. I think we just have to grin and bear it unfortunately. You could take some pain killers if its really horrid x x

Thanks Sam, i have been taking the pain killers the hospital gave me, must admit the anaesatist did say i had small airways and it might be a problem, but i thought it would be improving by now 7 days after.

you could try sucking on a couple of sugar free throat sweets or mints during the day hun to see if that helps.

Hope you feel better soon. Mine feels a bit better this morning.

Soar throats are a common side effect, also dont forget that during the surgery, you will have had a tube shoved down your throat.

After my op I had a sore throat and also a feeling in my throat as though I had something stuck in my throat. It really irritated me and I think it lasted a couple of months and it really did bother me. I was planning to ask the surgeon about it but one day I woke up and it had stopped. I also had SERIOUSLY thick saliva for a few months too and had to carry tissues around with me to spit up the nasty smelling thick gunky spit with!!!
Lovely eh!!! lol
Steph xx

Thank you all for your replies, i contacted the team today and they have given me some new meds to get, they think it is acid reflux i have also got to go and see the surgeon again on monday for a check up, as they r worried beccause i cannot get anything down at the moment really struggling with all liquids.

Back