• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soup on Pre-Op Diet.

Mrs Quiggle

On my diet sheet it says I can have 4 Weight Watchers soups and 4 fat free yogurts like Muller Lite. The only soup I like in the soups is tomato and I just can not have tomato soup non stop lol. But, for the same calories I can get Asda's good for you soups which are really gorgeous. Do you think I should stick to the WW one or do you think it will really matter as long as it's low fat and low calories. :confused:

Thanks
Love Kate x

Suspect WW pay more attention to nutrients (ie x% of daily nutrients), but not sure. Also check carb and sugar content, as purpose of diet is to shrink liver though reduction in both calories and carbs (liver stores sugar (in glycogen and water mix).
I would have a good vitamin pill (or ½ of one as body can only process so much as on time) and do it, but that just me, I am no medical expert.

It just means some soup like ww not cream of,make your own.Maz x

Well I did wonder about making my own because I make loads of soup, mostly ww recipes and free point soups just vegs etc. but wasn't sure if these would be allowed. I so don't want to wake up and find he couldn't do the op because my liver was too big. Maybe I should do the milk diet for the second week.

Kate x

I think you'll probably be alright if you check the salt content, but just ring your team tomorrow to check. I'll bet you they're used to it!

Hi Kate,

I asked Debbie (dietician at Ashford) about having different soups as I'm not a lover of the WW range! Her reply was that the WW ones are best but, so long as you don't exceed the total calorie, protein and carb intake shown on the diet sheet, you can use different brands of soup.

I have found the Baxters Healthy Choices range are good as are some of their Vegetarian and Favourites range. Knorr packet soup in Super Chicken Noodle flavour (equivalent to 2 cans as are large volumes!) There are also some good choices in the fresh soups range at Sainsburys!

Hope that helps,

Tatiana

Back