• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op Diet

Miss DeeDee

Post Opper
Hi All

I have started my pre op diet - op is on the 29th Nov so quite a long time for the diet

4 cans of weight watchers soup and 4 muller lite yoghurts. I just hope i can stick to it - more than anything it is just so boring.

Sounds very liquidy hun, I went on the low carb one, least you could eat on that. Good luck for your op x

Is that the only choice of diet they gave you? I have a choice of 4. The one i have decided on is 2 meal replacement shakes and a meal of Very low fat meat and veg. Tonight I had chicken and vegetable curry. (homemade) Good luck.

Good luck Doughie. I was doing the soup and yogurt then changed to yogurt and milk after the first week. Guess thats what I'll do again starting next Monday.

After the first couple of days you get quite used to it and you wont be hungry. I made full use of sugar free gum just to be chewing something. Was allowed 3 sticks a day lol.

Love Kate x

Mrs Quiggle said:
Good luck Doughie. I was doing the soup and yogurt then changed to yogurt and milk after the first week. Guess thats what I'll do again starting next Monday.

After the first couple of days you get quite used to it and you wont be hungry. I made full use of sugar free gum just to be chewing something. Was allowed 3 sticks a day lol.

Love Kate x

I'm on day 12 of clear soup and sugar free jelly! I hate every min of it. I wasn't given any choice either! But it will all b worth it in the end!! And on the plus side iv lost 7 kg xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Doughie,

I'm going to be following that diet as one of my options when I have my op next month. Although I'm having my op at St Peters in Chertsey they follow the St Georges pre-op diet plans of which the 4 cans of soup + 4 pots of yoghurt is one!

One of my issues is I don't like the WW soups! So I spoke to the dietician at St Peters and she said, so long as I didn't exceed the calorie, protein and carb limit for the day, I could have different brands of soup. I have found I can have 4 cans of the Baxters Healthy Choices range or some of the Sainsburys chilled range - try to stick to veggie or chicken flavours, Baxters french onion is an excellent one as is Sainsburys chicken and vegetable from the chiller cabinet!

Good luck with the pre-op diet, I know your op is at St Heliers but where do you live?

Tatiana

I am on day 4 of 14 now. This is the first day i am not craving bread or sweets. I am a carboholic!! Everyone is right, after day 3 you do feel a bit better. It'll all be so worth it too. x

Back