• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SRH

caraline

Hi there everyone, I am a Sunderland Royal patient, I am hoping to get the Gastric Bypass. just waiting to go for the Endoscopy at the minute. I had an appointment to go to see Dr Mahawar in April but it has now been cancelled to June. But never mind at least I am getting there slowly.

It looks as though everyone is struggling with their appointments in Sunderland good luck with your dates x

hi im a srh patient but not as far ahead as you good luck for ya op for some reason the appointments at sunderland seem to be taken for ever x

good luck guys i to am srh... i had my op in april.... yourtime will come i never thought id say that at how impaitent i was but the time truely does fly, use this site to get as much knowledge as you can and start getting yourselves ready for the changes you have to make after your op... and also losing some weight as you get givin a target weightloss, it all helps, and srh do not cancel ops if you lose more than the target weightloss... i thought that and was having kittens but they dont there just pleased your trying to make your op as safe as possible for them i lost 3 stone in my wait upto the op xxx

good luck guys x

thanks for that info kelly as i went the seminar on 14th dec and told i would seen the dietician n nurse in 4mths soi decided right start sorting ya self out and i went straight on to a diet next day i have been realy good sticking to it and i got my next appointment but its 7mths away now im not bothered about that as i know there busy but i did get worried i might lose to much weight n they said no to me having a op i feel a lot better n motivated to stick to the diet now i have read what you said thank you xxx

i did get worried i might lose to much weight n they said no to me having a op

don't worry Jane, they just want you to be as healthy as possible before your op and the more you lose, the easier it is for them to get in and do their stuff.
I was set a fairly stiff WL target back in June '11 and was told it would most likely be Christmas before I got my surgery and if I was 1 gram over the agreed target, my op would be cancelled :eek:. I had 10kg to lose to reach their target but to be safe I actually lost around 12kg. On the day of my op (14th Dec 2011) I weighed 15st 3lb...a mere featherweight compared to some of my room mates, but what others didn't realise was that I'd been almost 20st in the past. I've been up and down the scales so many times I've lost count!

They'll be over the moon if you exceed their targets :cool:

Use all the time before operation to get your head in the right place.
I can't express how much you need to prepare yourself for these operations x
Best wishes

Yeah me too Janebell, I have been really worried. I was there to see the Dietitian and nurse in October. and I had lost a stone by this point. and I thought I had done great. then the nurse Say's lose another 6kg before the next appointment. I thought flipping heck, I had lost weight and I thought I had done really well from that. If you haven't guessed I really struggle with diets, after all I wouldn't of put myself through the opp. If there was another way. and with Christmas I thought I was bound to of put weight on. But I never did thank-god. But I was worried that if I had lost too much they wouldn't do the opp. but like cherry Say's, they don't cancel opp thanks cherry for the info

Mrssafe That's the consultant who I am with. there is many people in here who have him has there consultant. when did you see the dietitian and nurse?

Mr Mahawar did my bypass op just 7 wks ago, hes lovely says it how it is but makes u at ease, I've had no pain or troubles at all.
In total from seminar to op I waited 21 mths with 1 cancelled apt in there. But like others have sed use this extra time to learn more cause I thought i knew everything i needed but am still learning now but it is worth the wait xx

caraline

referred dec 09
seminar feb 2010
dietician june 2010 wl target of 8kg
surgeon (mr sexy schroder lol spelt?) sept 2010 - id lost 10kg
endoscopy (mr balipuri) november - i was put on the list
no cancelled apt - had op june 7th by mr mawaha - it would have been sooner but i rang and set the date (could have had it early may but hubba was away so they let me picvk 7th June) xxx

mr mawaha had just been promoted to consultant to take some of mr smalls caseloads - he was mr smalls understudy for a long time so had performed lots before.

hes a lovely man and im thankful and grateful to him - get to see him in feb xx

Back