• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Appointment cancelled

caraline

Hi there everyone, I was wondering if anyone like myself had any cancelled appointments. From SRH. I have been to the seminar, then seen the dietitian and nurse. and my next appointment was with my consultant which was on 4Th April 2012. then I got a letter on Wednesday saying that my appointment had been cancelled till June. I am so dishearten by this, its a real let down.
and also the endoscopy what most of us seem to have to have. I am a very cockily person, and I am dreading that. whats the best way to have it. with sedation or with the spray

There are quite a lot of threads on here over the last week or so from people saying the same, that thief appointments have been delayed some by 5 and 6 months!
I don't know what it could be, have you tried ringing the hospital and asking what the reason behind this is?
I am praying it doesn't happen to me as it must be so hard moving the goal posts all the time after you have lost the weight you now have the added worry of keeping it off for longer.
If definitely give them a ring and some people were talking about contacting PALS to make them aware of this as its happening to so many people and isn't right.

Thanx for the reply, I will give them a ring on Tuesday or Wednesday. see what the problem is. goodluck with your appointments hun. and Happy New year

Hi Caraline, I have had an endoscopy twice. Once years ago with the throat spray and another 3 weeks ago with the sedation. I would definitely recommend the sedation as the first time I had a panic attack after my throat was sprayed as I felt like I couldn't breathe. I had the sedation at SRH which was very light, just enough to make you feel relaxed, but they did the throat spray as well, and it was fine as I was relaxed when they did it. Hope that helps :)

I had just the spray n although it was a horrible experience it didnt take long only a few minutes.

I had 1 app cancelled on me n had to wait about 5 mths for a new 1 and wen I asked why they said the surgeons had meetings booked???? hmmm, but I got there in the end just use the extra time to read up cause I've learnt u can never no too much info. Good Luck xx

There have been a few people from sunderland saying the same - although I've been lucky so far, I can imagine it would be very upsetting. The time does fly though - I can't believe its been a year since I was at the seminar and now I'm on the waiting list which when I started felt like a lifetime away.

I had my endoscopy 10 days ago and in all honesty it was completely horrendous HOWEVER it was over in about 5 mins. It wasn't painful just soooooo uncomfortable and I cried the whole time BUT I'm glad I only had the throat spray as I'd have been there for ages and wouldn't have been able to drive if I'd been sedated. Its a very personal choice and I admit it will be really awful but if you just think of your happy place it'll be over before you know it x

Thankyou everyone for letting me no your past experiances. I guess I would have to go for the spray then, has I drive and my husband dosnt. god am dreading it now.

I'm surprised to hear how long you all have to wait! I guess I should quit thinking my wait was long. Things must be different there than in the US. It has only been about 2 and a half months since I started all of this and I should have a date hopefully next week.

My old man's from Sunderland. It's never been my favourite tourist destination, so my first thoughts are: whatja expect!! Sorry! :)

Oh no :eek: SRH strikes again.:mad: What is going on up there, you poor people. :( Hope you all get new appointments soon & not sometime in 2013 :mad: xxx

aw - sorry i love sunderland moved away then came back, they working flat out as the waiting lists are so long. just chin up people and remember its worth the wait xx

I dont no weather to see about getting a transfer to Darlington. Because its nearer to home and I might get seen to a bit quicker. I just dont no what to do :-(

darlington dont do it hun x

hi caraline
I too have had my appointment cancelled from the 9th Jan cancelled to 28th May !! this will make it 18 months from seminar before seeing surgeon never mind appointment for endoscopy. When I rang I was told the cancellation was due to other commitments of the surgeon and that was the first appointment they could offer.

I enquired about Darlington was told as it was a different hospital group and would have to start referral process all over again, although after several incidents at Darlington in our family I do think I would be reluctant to go there.

I hope you are successful in getting an earlier appointment but I think as you will see from all of the other threads there are an awful lot of us in the same situation.

They might also pull out the one they keep telling me that it's not life saving surgery it's life enhancing so in other words it's a privilege that we are getting this.

Keep going and as I said there are many of us on here going through the same process and all are frustrated

if you need to chat we are all here for each other.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

darlington dont do it hun x
Hi they do now Middlesbrough and Darlington just got the authorisation Ocotber / November to carry out the ops

caraline said:
I dont no weather to see about getting a transfer to Darlington. Because its nearer to home and I might get seen to a bit quicker. I just dont no what to do :-(

No harm in ringing up and asking how long their waiting times are :) x x x

Il ask at seminar on 11th jan the reasons appointments are being moved so randomly and see what they have to say

minxtress said:
Il ask at seminar on 11th jan the reasons appointments are being moved so randomly and see what they have to say

Oohh that would be good as I have 20 stone to lose cancelling appointments is devastating!! will watch for you posting the answer xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back