• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St Richards assessment

Twix888

Have finally got my assessment day the 7th Dec

I know I will be meeting several members of their team but was wondering what questions do they ask on the day and do I need to take anything.

Also is it ok to take someone with me?

Good news, you're on your way!!!

Yes, you can take someone with you - but they wont be allowed to be with you when you go and see the Psychiatrist.
(I saw the chap, Nathan - he doesnt blink!!!!)

Take a list of medication if you are on any.

They are SO nice there! Really relaxed! Dont worry, they are so lovely!

Hope this helps - any other Q's, ask ;)

Thanks widdershins

Dont tempt me I have a head full of questions :)
Did you find yourself not blinking also when you was with Nathan.

Good luck when you start your milk diet you must be so excited and nervous knowing your only a few weeks away from a new life.

Best of luck Twix, just wanted to reiterate how lovely they all are at St. Richards, you will be fine :) x

Good luck and don't worry! They should agree whatever op you want as you have already been approved for funding :)

Hope everything went ok for you at St Richards Today, I am sure it did as they don't turn down too many.

Paul

Hi sorry everyone I forgot to update my post.
Appointment for 7 Dec was cancelled.
Wanted to cry when hospital phoned but wasn’t so bad have been given a new appointment for Dec 14 at 9am :)
Am really nervous I have not been getting around so well 6 weeks ago I ruptured my calf muscle and now the weathers changed legs really hurt (need both knees fixed) Have put on about half a stone since filling in assessment just hope they don`t turn me away :(

Why is it skinny ppl worry they lose weight
Cuddly ppl worry they gain weight
So not fair :)

Try not to worry too much - easier said than done, I know, but, the more you worry, the more anxious you will get. They are absolutely fantastic people there at St Richards - and will make you feel at ease. Think it takes a lot for them to turn people down, so just concentrate on the now, get yourself feeling better, and it will come around soon enough :)

How did your day go?

Have been offered a gastric bypass am still smiling. Surgeon said it should be Feb or March. Thanks everyone for your advice was really helpful.

Widdershins I saw Nathan as well and you’re right he doesn’t blink also very cute lol. How are you doing after your op.

fjsinc where are u having your bypass?

Have been offered a gastric bypass am still smiling. Surgeon said it should be Feb or March. Thanks everyone for your advice was really helpful.

Widdershins I saw Nathan as well and you’re right he doesn’t blink also very cute lol. How are you doing after your op.

fjsinc where are u having your bypass?

He he he! Glad you noticed it too!
Im doing ok - itchy stitches, but a small price to pay!
Enjoy the festive season, and remember - New Year, New YOU!!!!

That's great news! I'm at Chichester too. I had my MDT in Oct. I'm still waiting for my date, although a girl I was there with got hers 3 weeks ago for 8th Jan! I finally cracked (I was good for 8 weeks) and rang them this week. They said that I'll get one of the next batch of dates that are planned - so whoo hoo.

That's great news! I'm at Chichester too. I had my MDT in Oct. I'm still waiting for my date, although a girl I was there with got hers 3 weeks ago for 8th Jan! I finally cracked (I was good for 8 weeks) and rang them this week. They said that I'll get one of the next batch of dates that are planned - so whoo hoo.

They are fantastic there (have i mentioned that before? ;-) ) im sure they will take very good care of you.

Yep they are fantastic at St Richards, I had my MDT day last December and my Bypass at the end of February this year, so it looks like they are still working to their 12 to 16 week waiting list which is good news.

Paul

Just to let you know, they have an 18 week max waiting list. When I spoke to them last week they said they may be breaching this, due to unexpectedly high numbers of patients. I have got my date, and it's the last possible one before they breached - the 19th Feb.

You know what - now I have the date I barely think about it. Anxiety has gone.Hope they catch up with themselves soon for you.

Back