• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Started the dreaded milk diet today..........

fairyringuk

free your spirit
After having had my three appts. on Tuesday at Luton I went shopping yesterday and got the bits I needed to start the milk diet today.

I was devastated that mines didnt include any yoghurt.......boo hoo..........how sad am I lol??
My lot for the next 25 days is a daily dose of:-

3 pints semi skimmed milk

1 oxo cube or bovril marmite 2 teaspoons

Up to 1 pint of sugar free jelly

A sanatogen gold multi vitamin tablet

2pints of other fluids over and above the milk eg tea coffee sugar free squashes or carbonated drinks under 7 cals, like diet coke.

Started it today and do find the milk difficult as have used skimmed for the last 30yrs, and to me its like drinking double cream.........yuck.
Dont like squashes but glad to have a diet coke or something for some flavour.
Do like oxo and would have liked more of that and less milk, but I realise they are for salt content.
Jelly, well what fun that was in the shops.
I already had sugar/sucrose free powder jellies at home as use them anyway, but thought I would get some small made up tubs too...................I got some Hartleys raspberry and cranberry jellies in tall pots, they are free from all things sugar and are 3 cals per 100mls., so work out about seven cals.....noit sure what they will taste like cranberries are not my favourite fruit, but I will try anything once.
The small pots contained sugar and were 54 cals., so a no go.
This morning bought some 'great stuff' jellies from childrens health range in Asda, and couldnt see the small print in the store even with my glasses!!! but it said sugar free and no preservatives on the front so got the offer of 3 for £1.
Got home and scoured the label, as the light was better was able to see that they had sucrose in and fruit juice which is a no no so cant have those.
I wouldnt have believed it was so hard to get sugar/sucrose/fruit juice free jellies. Mon Dieu!!!
I think I will just have to put up with having a conveyor belt of jellies setting in the fridge from day to day lol.
So I can honestly say I am not hungry, its just the smells of food cooking or the thought of having a sandwich at lunch time, and the lovely fruit in the fridge is so so tempting, keeps saying go on bite me lol.............but I am resisting the head hunger and am going to give this a good try, as I am back there on the 14th September, as I go on hols 19th, so if I have lost my 5% I will be given a diet that I can eat on over my hols, and also an appt for the surgeon.
I was told that the surgeons have basically been away most of August so clinics have gotten way behind, so the dietician, Lynsey who was lovely, said it would be either end of October or beginning of November that I would have my appt with the surgeon, but she said they usually then operate within a 6 week period, so she thinks it is likely that I will still get it done before Christmas.
So there we go.........I am on a countdown until 14th Sept. so fingers crossed I can get through it, as the more I lose the better.
Sorry to drone on, but knew some of you would be interested.

Jay xx

Those hartleys jellys are lovely. I like the apple and watermelon one. They dont really fill you up pre op but post op half a pot will do as a snack :)
good luck on the pre op diet it will all be worth it in the end!

Wishing you lots of good luck remember it's the start of something good............

Hi Jay

why has the milk diet started so early for you... was it your provider who makes you do the pre op for ages beforehand?

very best of luck with it though...you'll be looking fab before they get you on the table :cool:

Yvonne Luton like to see commitment to being able to stick to this diet, they say it helps prepare you, and shows them that you are able to cope with the regime leading up to and after the op.
It is four weeks then a 900cal till seeing surgeon about 4/6weeks then another two weeks on milk diet.
It seems very hard, I am hungry tonight but hoping it will improve wasnt too bad during day, but then the evening is always my eating time really.
thanks for the good wishes everyone

Jay xx

Hun hun and good luck and just remember keep ur eyes on the prize thats not long round the corner xxx

good luck on your pre op,:D

I have to say I love the Hartleys pre made jellies, cant say the cranberry one tastes like cranberry but I love them

good luck with it, but i can't see why they're making you do it twice and a 900 cal one in between, to show iron will etc?? just seems a bit ott but that's my opinion!! hope it sails by very quickly and you get your date soon

Wow your provider is tough!!!!

Good luck with it, you sound very positive and i'm sure you are going to fly by with honours...

Best wishes xxx

Excellent start to your weightloss journey!

Preparation is everything...As you have done, i went out to make sure i had everything i needed- when i'm disorganised it is easy to give myself liecence to pick on off-plan crap.

Good luck, let us know how you get on...feel free to rant when craving! This is a great place to come to let off steam!

Well on day 2 of the dreaded milk diet, and my tummy is rumbling big time, lol.
I felt hungry last night and a bit dizzy so went to bed at 9pm which was probably the best thing to do.
As yet no headaches but am feeling much much cooler today, but Ican put up with that.
Thanks to all of you for your lovely words of support.
Markie they are hard to do this but it is their way of doing things so nothing I can do. I can only say on the plus side the team were all very nice and have said to phone if I need help or am stumbling.
Ladybirdgal, no mistake Im afraid, in for the long haul
Will use all you lovely people to keep me going, thanks

Jay xx

I too find it very strange that they have you on this diet for so long. If I was you I'd have a quick word with your doctor and see if they can give you some extra Iron and check you are getting in enough vitamins and minerals whilst your on it.

Not long now... :D:D:D

Hi, i started this exact same diet on monday (with the same hospital l&d). It is hard but we have to loose 5% of our body weight before they will opperate. Some people are on it for a lot longer than 4 weeks depending on how much they have to loose.
"rules and regulations"
my next app is 15th sept.

Good luck on your milk diet. I was on this diet but had 5 pints of milk for 3 months under the obesity clinic. If you are wanting to chew I was allowed 3 sticks of sugar free chewing gum a day aswell.

Back