• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stuck on mush!!

goinggoinggone

Hi all,

Had a band fitted in May. When I had my first fill and doc added 0.5ml -NOTHING happened so went back to get a tiny bit more put in, doc put further 0.7ml in and now am stuck on mush... cannot keep any solid food down over 3weeks after fill. Am sticking on the mush for a while longer as feel like am going to be told off if I go back again... Has anyone else had this problem? can only manage about half a yoghurt then feel like I'm going to pop!

would really like to hear from anyone who has any hints for me...

Love all these tickers but not sure how to get one as new to this. However have lost nearly 3 stone and want to try and do another 1.5 before Christmas if possible.

best wishes to all

Susan:thankyou:

Hi Susan, im a bypasser but am sure a bander will be along soon. Well done on your loss so far and good luck with the rest of it :) x

Hiya

Sorry to question you but are you sure thats all you have in? If it is then it doesnt sound right at all that you can only manage sloppies. You need to go back, dont suffer like this. They wont tell you off so dont worry. By the way I have 5.5 mils in my 9 mil band and I can manage solid food no problem and Im 12 days after my last fill.

Take care and good luck x

I would certainly get it checked out. This does sound like your band is too tight but with such a small amount in it should'nt be.Have you tried eating solids?? Try them and eat them really slow and only small amounts. I have 6.75ml in my 9ml band and can eat better. I did have 7.5 in but I too was vomiting and after 8 weeks decided enough was enough and had 0.75ml taken out. The relief was unbelievable, just being able to eat something other than slop. Get the hospital to check it out sweetheart its not worth the sufferingxx

Sorry to hear that you are suffering so much, take the advise of the others,cant help as not having my first fill till 23/11/09.
Mia

Back