• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sudden intolerance one year on

didi

I'm just over a year post-op and haven't really dumped but for the last 2-3 weeks since having what I thought was a dose of the old deli-beli I'm struggling to eat anything that doesn't make me feel nauseous about 20-30 mins after eating and lasting well over an hour sometimes even longer. Fruit is OK but 'proper' food regardless of what it is carb, protein, veg has the same effect. Tried salad for lunch one day as I don't have problems with fruit and thought that salad would be OK too, I felt so rough I had to go home from work, go to bed and lie down for an hour until the nausea subsided, then felt fine again. Drinking plenty and really puzzled as to why this has happened now and if in fact it is related the WLS or just a bug in my system that I don't seem to be able to shake.
Keep thinking and hoping it will improve and keep trying to eat but everyday is the same at the moment.

I'm very confused and keep putting off going to doctor as I'm not sure they can do anything.
Can't get bariatric appt until 17 Dec and I'm not ill just very fed up with feeling sick (that's all luckily not being sick)

Any suggestions???? :confused::confused::confused:

Could be sympathetic pregnancy for my daughter who's due in 4 weeks I suppose but as I'm nearly 59 I can't use that as an excuse!

Actually managed some fish tonight - just fish and nothing else and that seems to be OK so far. Wondering if it's mixing food types together that's causing the problem just now - very strange.

I'm not going to read and run. I haven't had my surgery yet, I was just wondering if you have made any drastic changes lately with your intake. Apart from that I'd suggest you might visit the GP who could potentially get you a bariatric appointment earlier if they feel you need one. It's worth a try eh?

Didi that is really spooky cos I've been feeling the same. Can't put my finger on it but I just don't feel right. No matter what I try and eat it just doesn't go down right. My stomach is constantly churning and the feeling of nausea BLAAAHHH

Funnily enough i was talking to someone on a facebook group last night and he is having the same problem. He can't manage meat, fish, eggs, is surviving on practically nothing much but coffee. He has an urgent appt with his team today. I'll be interested to find out what's going on with him. BTW he has lost over 14 stone in 9 months...

I'll try and update if/when i find out the diagnosis xx

Things seem to be a little easier over the last few days.
Maybe it is just a bug that's reluctant to let go.
Just eating less and keeping things simple. Hopefully the worst is over. Watch this space...........

I have had the same problems for the last five months, am almost one year post bypass. Have worked hard with my team to find a cause, but to no avail. Have to take pancreatic enzymes to slow my gut down, and no caffine. Must admit that its been pretty rough.. my advice would be that if you are still having the same trouble in another week, get in touch with your team, don't leave it like I did and then ended up vitamin deficient.....
Take care Debx

Thanks Poppy, was hoping it was just a nasty resistant bug. Will certainly keep a watchful eye on things. Can easily stand to lose some more weight as I stalled ages ago but trying to ensure what I eat is healthy just not a lot of it.

Hope you get things sorted too.

Back