• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Supersize -v- Superskiny

Kevin1708

Century Club
I watched Supersize -v- Superskiny last night (as I normally do) and found it rather sad that the American guy could cheat both the bypass and the band ! He seemed to have his head together and was clearly an intelligent man who knew the risks of what he was doing - I personally think he needs counselling and quickly.

I found it hard to believe that the English guy could eat 4 full curries ~ I was a curry monster and had a regular table at Mumtaz and my local takeaway on speed dial but 4 full meals hmmmmm . . . . . . we were the same size 6’0” and 23 + stone but 4 meals I must question !

I also noted that the programme said that the supersized guy of 6' 0" should have a healthy weight of something over 15 stone . . . now that would be nice if that was somehow true . . . xx

I looked at the size of his dinners and thort omg enuff to feed me for 2 months plus .... Ur right he needs help and as for the guy in America to cheat both is just unreal looked like he was eating ice-cream .... He knows the price he is paying .... He needs serious help from a shrink and the whole team x

I have checked on 4 OnDemand and supersize guy is 6'0" and 24st 6lb they claim his BMI is 44.5. The narrative states his ideal weight is 13st 2lb - 15st 12lb . . . bunkum !!!

At 6’ 0” and 24st 6lb ones BMI is 46.4.

The ideal weight for this guy (by BMI) is between 10st and 13st . . . what is going on ???? I must email the show !

CHANNEL 4 REPLY

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding SUPERSIZE VS SUPERSKINNY.

We are sorry to hear that you feel this programme has given inappropriate advice. While I was unable to locate the sequence you refer to, the Healthchecker on the Embarrassing Bodies website (of which this series is part of) seems to match up with the NHS helth-checker, returning an "obese" result using the information you have supplied.

My Healthchecker | Embarrassing Bodies | Health | Channel4.com/bodies

In regards to Embarrassing Fat Bodies, this programme is scheduled to air in the summer, though we have so available date at the present.

Please remain assured your comments have been logged and will be forwarded to those responsible for our programming.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate all feedback from our viewers; complimentary or otherwise.

Regards,

Damien McCandless
Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

For information about Channel 4 have a look at our FAQ section at Channel 4 FAQs

I saw the programme last night, and like you Kevin I found it really sad that the american chap seemed to be deliberately cheating his bypass.

You can lead a horse to water I suppose, but you cant make it drink... or however the saying goes!

Good on you for pointing out the errors to C4.

The American guy talked about 'slider foods'. Could someone please explain what these are? TIA

The American guy talked about 'slider foods'. Could someone please explain what these are? TIA

Slider foods are like ice cream/choc & basically foods with a lot of liquid that make them go through the pouch alot easier

Back