• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Supplements

chrriss88

Hi my name Chris :wave_cry:

I'm a newbie and due to have my RNY operation next week Valentine’s Day.

I've need to buy a good liquid vitamin supplement and some liquid pain killer.

I've been recommended Liquid Multi Vitamin and Mineral Supplement: Natures plus Source of Life 900ml bottle. Tropical Fruit Flavour with whole food extracts and burst of energy.

I would like to know what other people take and what the most economical versions are & where you buy it. Name of the products and quantities recommended.

Also will I always need to take it in liquid form or can I eventually manage the capsules?

I'm very excited and sick with nerves too. I would like to thank everyone in the Forum for alleviating some of my anxieties with your friendly words of encouragement.

I get mine prescribed so cant help with product names etc but after a few weeks you should be able to manage tablets fine. Some patients are allowed to take them immediately post op it depends on what your surgeon suggests. Welcome to WLS and I hope your surgery goes well :D XX

Ive been advised by the folks on here that my GP will give me everything I need post op!Good luck next week!

I was on forceval capsules from one week post op which are gel based so break down easily and don't block anything. I get them on prescription and have one a day.

I was given dispersible paracetemol in hospital but it was vile so I used calpol 6+ but only needed it once or twice as pain wasn't so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thank you for your suggestions, this forum is a God send.
Do you take these supplements all the time?
Do you also go for Vit B12 injections every 3 months?

I have been out today to buy some pure whey protein
and will be trying that tomorrow.. sounds like I'll need to get used to this to help with weight loss and healing.

I have been reading Phatgirl but she seems to have stopped posting is she still on the forum
her advice is wonderful.

She doesn't post much these days no, she's too busy running round soft play centres with my Charlie ;) we keep her busy!

I take daily -

Forceval
Calcichew x 2 (calcium)
Lanzoprazole (fastabs - antacids)

And ferrous fumerate suger free syrup (iron) when needed.

Also I have b12 injections every 3 months.

All on prescription.

Your hospital should give you a full list of post op meds, and send a list to your gp.

Good to see someone pre-op preparing themselves ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Forewarned is forearmed.....thats the beauty of this forum you can find out anything you need to know before surgery. Lots of very succesful post-oppers who are only too happy to share their knowledge with you :D X

Back