• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgeon recommendation

Nellyphant

Afternoon all

I've been thinking about WLS for years now and have finally decided to do some research about it. I'm hoping that I can talk my DH into going private and know that I'll have to give him as much information as possible when I put my case across. Can anyone recommend a hospital and surgeon in our area. I live in South Somerset.

Thanks
Nic

Sorry I know very little about private surgeons and am not in your area .... but hopefully somone will pop along soon who is south west UK based.

I was fortunate to get NHS funding with BMI above 50 so I've never had to look into the private options, but lots of people on here do go private.

Meanwhile, welcome to the forum and good luck with your journey !!

I think a lot of surgeons who work for the NHS also work in the the Private Healthcare sector,too.

If you look up Bariatric Surgery hospitals, I am sure a list of companies will come up and then reseach in those companies for hospitals near you.
Hope this is helpful?

I think a lot of surgeons who work for the NHS also work in the the Private Healthcare sector,too.

Yes , that's true.

You could go and see your GP and ask him the hypothetical question *if* he was going to refer you for bariatric surgery on the NHS where he would refer you to -- surgeon name and hospital.

I know at the Whittington altho Mr Sufi does private patients mainly elsewhere at private clinics, if someone is desperate to circumnavigate the (now) 18 month waiting list .... they can opt to pay £10,000 to have the op a lot quicker privately at the same hospital.

Back