• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

surgeon

christine1957

been tols its about 6month waiting list from seeing nurse, to seeing the surgeon, anyone no if this is about right. i have just seen the nurse and dietion today they said the sleve or bypass will be my best option. does this mean i have been accepted or is it up to the sergeon, can anyone tell me what the surgeon askes you thanks x

Not sure, honey as it differs from PCT to PCT & I am in Sheffield so not much use to you, lol. I am sure someone will be able to help though as we quite a few peeps from the North East ... Good luck, though xxx :):)

After u see the nurse u are discussed at a meeting and will be sent a letter to let u know if everyone agrees or if they need you to do anything else, I'm not speaking from experience as I was never discussed until after i saw my surgeon. they lost my notes so i am just re-telling u what my surgeon told me should of happened.*

6 months is correct, they just ask how ur feeling, discuss weight loss and if you still want to go ahead with surgery, I also think they discuss pros and cons but didn't do this with me as I was so well prepared I took a folder along with all the research I had gathered.*

They way I look at it is that I haven't been accepted for the funding. I am now just waiting for a phone call to tell me my surgery date, but even at this point they can refuse to proceed for so many reasons even when they have u knocked out they could still send you back without doing the op.*

So when I wake up in the recovery and I feel the pain of what my body has just went through only then will I know I had my funding.*

Just do all they say and ask an u will be fine. Xx

Good Luck Amy*

Hi Amy, we were told at the seminar that funding was in place - otherwise we wouldn't have been there. Have things changed I wonder? My seminar was September last year - when was yours? Also, I think the waiting list is getting longer by the sounds of it... I had 4 months from seminar to nurse to surgeon.

Everyone has the funding........ What I meant was so many things can change that so I am not getting my hopes up to much until after my op then I know nothing can change the decision they have made to give me it.

My seminar was nov, then nurse was march, surgeon was aug, endoscopy was sep........... Now awaiting my date lol. Xx

D'oh, I'm with you now!!! ;) like it'll be a 'pinch me - am I dreaming' kind of thing. Fingers crossed it'll come this year - are you on the cancellation list?

PS that was quick turn around for your endoscopy... I was told three months.

Yep I am and the short notice list, am considering asking if am on the Xmas card list too lol.

I was told 2 months for the camera then 3 to 6 weeks after that for the op. they did lose my notes at some point so I have just been discussed at the mdt. Can't wait for the new me I really can't and this forum is the best ever. For a long time I've felt all alone and that no one can fully understand what it's like then I stumble across this site full of all you lovely supportive people and I truly feel at home and understood.

Hi Christine - don't worry about it - that's what we're all here for!!! I knew very little about the process when I joined last year...

Saying that I'm not entirely sure about the lists :) I think you can ask to be put on short notice or cancellation lists but I'm not at that stage - yet!

They asked me if I wanted to be on the lists. my reply was yes, I'll be on any list you have. Even if I had to run down the a19 to get there I would lol x

me toooooo if thay rang at 4 in the morning id be there in 5 lol think its just a waiting game now have to wait to see what they have to say about me till i here from the mdt meeting got my fingers x now thank you all moast helpful x

U'll get there like all of us and then we will all be slim jims lol x

Back