• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery tomorrow 23rd march

sorry i haven't posted before now farzu but i am really glad your op went well darlin. i think the advice about sucking a sugar free mint is a good one. i will remember it for when i'm a post opper!
take it easy and recuperate fully and i look forward to reading about the rest of your journey
loadsa love xx

farzu said:
I am trying the same thing. i am sipping on milk or actimel after taking meds. its disgusting as the bitter taste still remains in the mouth. everything is ok so far but this meds are giving me such hard time at the moment. what mint did you use? and where did you get those? any idea of alnertanive paracetamol?

Hi Congrats on becoming a post opper :) I too struggled with paracetamol and ended up not taking any home as I couldn't stand the orange of the nhs one it was making me nearly vomit, their are different flavours at chemist, I went and got sugar free calpol and it was much better, you might just need a different flavour. Glad your home and resting :) x

I have extra sugar free mints the same people who make the gum or sugar free Smints! As for other paracetamol meds I just stick with sugar free Calpol 6+ Im not keen on the taste but it's better than the fizzy tabs they gave Kevin the hospital x x

I was the same, as soon as they went down I sucked on a sugar free mint took the taste away! In the early days sugar free mints where my best friends lol good luck x x

I have extra sugar free mints the same people who make the gum or sugar free Smints! As for other paracetamol meds I just stick with sugar free Calpol 6+ Im not keen on the taste but it's better than the fizzy tabs they gave Kevin the hospital x x

i have bought sugar free calpol 6+ ut itsn't ti too thick? i tried to add water to it but then it become bitter. can i have this thick calpol without adding water to it?

farzu said:
i have bought sugar free calpol 6+ ut itsn't ti too thick? i tried to add water to it but then it become bitter. can i have this thick calpol without adding water to it?

Ye it will be fine just take little sips, think it's classified as liquids and that's what we got in hospital but in orange flavour yuk lol. X

Yea you'll be ok with Calpol, they gave me there equivalent in hospital & that was thicker! Just Have a couple of spoonfuls :) lol have no clue about Kevin using my iPod so it corrects what ever I'm trying to type lool x x

Hi Farzu, glad to hear you are home and doing well.
I was sent home with Neurofen melts- they are much better and easier to take. They also reduce the inflammation around the stomach and improve what you are able to take! I could not take the paracetamol either. But 2 neurofens three times a day keeps me a happy girl!

Good Luck!

wishfulone said:
Hi Farzu, glad to hear you are home and doing well.
I was sent home with Neurofen melts- they are much better and easier to take. They also reduce the inflammation around the stomach and improve what you are able to take! I could not take the paracetamol either. But 2 neurofens three times a day keeps me a happy girl!

Good Luck!

Do you know if the melts have paracetamol in? I am allergic to it which is a real bugger as it is in so many pain killers!

i stopped taking paracetamol and calpol 2 days ago. i didn't like the taste and i'm not in much pain too.

glad to hear you are doing well farzu xx

Back