• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery tomorrow 23rd march

so glad you are okay farzu!! its really great to hear your take on things!! and fuffs you must be getting really excited now since your op is so close!!!!

Well done Farzu, welcome to the losers bench xxx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

amanda577 said:
so glad you are okay farzu!! its really great to hear your take on things!! and fuffs you must be getting really excited now since your op is so close!!!!

I am really excited :D Nerves hit me earlier today to though. Not terrible ones. Just started thinking about my kids, partner and family. But I know all will be well. So need to keep calm :) xxx

Thank you everyone, i'm doing fine, still in the hospital. The team will come and see me tomorrow and then decide when they will let me go home. I hope they let me go home tomorrow. Sitting in the up right position since surgery giving me back pain but doctors told me i have to. Because of all the acids in the stomach if i lie straight then the acids will come up. Never heard that from anyone before. Had my dressing today and they put waterproof plasters on me. I had to take a shower today. Felt really very nice after shower. Sipping peppermint tea helping with the wind. A bit scared as its totm for me and can start anytime. Extra pressure on everything. All in all feeling better than yesterday. Hope this continues. Oh and got too bored of the hospital clear soup. Had half glass of milk today. Stayed down well till now. No hungry feeling after surgery. Not at all.

im so pleased for you Farzu, I hope you come home tomorrow :) xxx

Glad u r doing well

So glad you are feeling well, a shower always makes me feel better. Fingers crossed you get to go home tomorrow x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi Farzu am just going off to work, I hope today is the day you get to come home, it is a bit daunting but you can rest better at home than in hospital, just follow hospital instructions and you'll be fine keeping you in thoughts and prayers xx If its not today will be tomorrow or the next keep your chin up they don't keep you unless there is cause for concern, its just a case of getting your medical conditions under control xx

chrisa said:
Hi Farzu am just going off to work, I hope today is the day you get to come home, it is a bit daunting but you can rest better at home than in hospital, just follow hospital instructions and you'll be fine keeping you in thoughts and prayers xx If its not today will be tomorrow or the next keep your chin up they don't keep you unless there is cause for concern, its just a case of getting your medical conditions under control xx

Hi Chrisa, hope u r doing well. Docs are waiting for the blood test results. If everything is fine then i'll be going home today.

Hello everyone. I'm doing fine now. Surgery went well. I'm a post opper now yayyyyy. Sipping lots of water. Will let you know everything in details later.

Well done Farzu :)

Happy Healing !

Andy x

Hello everyone. I'm doing fine now. Surgery went well. I'm a post opper now yayyyyy. Sipping lots of water. Will let you know everything in details later.
excellent news welcome to the loosers bench x

Have you settled at home now Farzu?

Sar2567 said:
Have you settled at home now Farzu?

Yes dear. Came home around 7pm. Was delayed as they found some problem in the blood test. They told me they will write to the gp about it. I am very comfortable now at home. The only problem is all the meds. Feels sick in my mouth. How can i have so many meds everyday? Tastes so horrible. What to do? Have tried some tinned chicken soup today. It was just as rubbish as the meds. One thing i found after op is my taste needs to change all the time, when i have something. Scared of tomorrow now. Don't want any meds. :-(

farzu said:
Yes dear. Came home around 7pm. Was delayed as they found some problem in the blood test. They told me they will write to the gp about it. I am very comfortable now at home. The only problem is all the meds. Feels sick in my mouth. How can i have so many meds everyday? Tastes so horrible. What to do? Have tried some tinned chicken soup today. It was just as rubbish as the meds. One thing i found after op is my taste needs to change all the time, when i have something. Scared of tomorrow now. Don't want any meds. :-(

Have you been sent home with extra meds? Are they not soluble?

Sar2567 said:
Have you been sent home with extra meds? Are they not soluble?

Yess. They gave me meds. Some are soluble and some are crushable but all taste very. Bad in my mouth yukkk.

farzu said:
Yess. They gave me meds. Some are soluble and some are crushable but all taste very. Bad in my mouth yukkk.

Can you swallow them with a tiny bit of squash?

Fuffs said:
Can you swallow them with a tiny bit of squash?

Tried everything. Only liked fastab till now. Paracetamol makes me sick. Tried calpol suger free one but thats too thick so mixed with water but the taste changed. Any meds mix with water takes a long time to sip. If only i could gulp these.

I was the same, as soon as they went down I sucked on a sugar free mint took the taste away! In the early days sugar free mints where my best friends lol good luck x x

I was the same, as soon as they went down I sucked on a sugar free mint took the taste away! In the early days sugar free mints where my best friends lol good luck x x

I am trying the same thing. i am sipping on milk or actimel after taking meds. its disgusting as the bitter taste still remains in the mouth. everything is ok so far but this meds are giving me such hard time at the moment. what mint did you use? and where did you get those? any idea of alnertanive paracetamol?

Back