• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Swap shop?

salski

Hi all - I have 2 clothes rails full of clothes that no longer fit. I have taken to buying clothes off ebay until my weight stabilizes. I did a car boot on Sunday and none of the clothes went as my rail broke and they were all piled up on the table :(
I just wondered if there is any way we could do some sort of swap shop or something for old unwanted clothes?
I have to be honest, other than my work wear, all my jeans etc are a little scruffy, but they would still be ok for people who are losing weight or waiting for surgery and not wanting to buy new clothes yet...all in size 26-28.
My mum even gave me a huge bag of unwanted clothes and a lot are brand new!
Anyone any decent ideas?

Sally xx

as well as buying off ebay sell on there as well i made a fortune from selling the clothes that was to big for me and the money came in very handy to buy smaller sizes also you can set up a swap shop at your local support group if you attend one x

Ebay is they way I made plenty of money selling my clothes that didnt fit. Just waiting now for the weather to get a bit cooler I have a couple of coats to put on

Have you looked at Big Wardrobe? I heard about it on the radio the other day, its like readitswapit but for clothes.

When i lost weight a couple of years ago i sold some of my clothes on ebay and it went really well and for ridiculous amounts of money as well, for instance i put on ebay a brand new pair of shorts i brought from YOURS still with the label on and they cost me 2.50 i started them off at 50p and i ended up getting 18 pound for them, so there is a market on ebay for larger sized clothing, thats a good idea Liz doing a swap shop with a support group but i dont know whether there is one round here, i am going to have to look into that, i know there is a few ladies on here that live near me so maybe we could all get together to support each other and swap clothes etc, give ebay a go Sally and like Liz said earn yourself some money for small clothes :) X

A few months ago I sorted out the loft and dragged down bags and bags of clothes - wait for it - from the seventies!!! I sold the lot on e-bay and got some terrific feedback. That's what I shall be doing with my outgrown clothes - when I have any. Mxx

Hiya - thanks for your replies...I have sold some on ebay, but with them not being the greatest of condition, I didnt want to list them for them not to go or for people not to be happy with them, where as if it was for free...people could just take em or leave em.
Taking them to the support group is a good idea. I might bring this up next time...
Tah guys x

ps - looking at the bigwardrobe thingymebob...tah Shell x

Back