• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Taking Berocca & Manuka Honey post-op?

Twiggie

I take Berocca and Manuka Honey daily, along with my other vitamins and supplements, but it's just occurred to me that I might not be able to continue with these post-op.

The Berocca is effervescent and we're told not to drink fizzy drinks and the honey is obviously high in carbs/sugar (80%) so might cause dumping syndrome :(

Does anyone else take these supplements now they're post-op?

Hi Twiggie, I bought some soluble Berocca to use post op as I didn't think I'd be able to swallow my multi vit tabs for the first couple of weeks, but when I came to take it I saw it was effervescent so binned it! Also I haven't tried honey but many people on here have been caught out with it and dumped so I'd say take it cautiously!

Cuppa xx

Stay wayyyyyy clear of honey! Its one thing that's made me dump badly and Sally aswell.

I'm still not sure about the Berocca. Where do people stand on taking soluble painkillers such as co-codamol post-op, as that's effervescent too? I'm sure I've seen it mentioned that they advise taking those rather than tablets?

I'm still not sure about the Berocca. Where do people stand on taking soluble painkillers such as co-codamol post-op, as that's effervescent too? I'm sure I've seen it mentioned that they advise taking those rather than tablets?

I was given soluble pain killers the day after my op by the hospital, as i am allergic to tramadol and the liquid stuff didnt sit well with me...

so i guess just wait for it to stop being so fizzy... thats what they said, but i use calpol these days, cos its tasty lol

.x.

Stay clear of honey! Argh! Haha..as Mark says neither of us coped well on honey! Haha

Thanks for the advice guys, you're all great... :D

I'm sooo going to miss having a spoonful of honey on my porridge *sniff* :cry:

Back