• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tattoos...

Mubby

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone had tattoos previous to surgery and did it distort or go wonky after weightloss??

I have one above my ankle and one on my lower arm, but im itching to get another!

im a pre opper...

Hi I am a licensed tattooist with my own studio, I should think that post op, once everything has settled down you would be fine, I tend to tell people to have a sugary drink and some food before a tattoo, but in fear of dumping I would say plenty of water and some food. Make sure you have finished your blood thinning meds before hand! Just tell your tattooist that you are post op and if you start to feel weird then any good tattooist will stop and recommend that you come back for a 2nd sitting when your ready.
Hope this helps
Steve

haha thanks Steve, I was just worried that the writing one would go wonky, but i guess my lower arm cant lose that much weight!?!

but I guess if a large tattoo'd surface becomes small it must destort!!

i have a tattoo on my shoulder and have lost about 4 stone - think it looks better now than before!!

thanks guys, I guess time will tell, I will need to take some before and after pictures!

i have 5 (pre op) hopefully they look ok after op :) i cant wait to get a new one when im nice and slim hehe x

Back