• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tempremental band?

voodoo

I had my band in July and since FINALLY getting restriction,:D my band is odd, one day milk gets 'stuck' yet later crispy chicken goes down ok!:eek: It doesn't seem to be 'monthly' stuff (I'm through the menopause) stress or anything, it just seems to go 'funny', tight one minute, loose another. I can eat a tea plate of lunch but only 1 mini weetabix for breakfast, or a cereal bar for breakfast and I struggle to have half a tin of soup at dinner!:confused: Am I normal? Do others have this problem? I'm not moaning as such as the weight and my appetite are going well, it's just hard to gauge what to eat!
xxxxsharon:553:

Hello There

I tend to find my band is tighter in the mornings, mind u its always been this way for me since the start. So I tend to have a milky coffee when I first get up (dont ever finish a mug full ) but its the protein and goodness from the milk that I am looking for, rather then just having a cuppa tea and having to wait quite a while for brekkie. Then I usually have something around mid morning for brekkie, a lighter lunch and then dinner as normal ( as restriction would have eased off a bit by then) HTH Julie xx

I am the same as u Julie. Evening r normal eating and everything goes down well but can't eat anything in the morning. But tbh I never was one to eat in the morning so no changes there. Going for my first fill on Saturday and have lots over a stone since the op so very happy :)

miserable said:
I am the same as u Julie. Evening r normal eating and everything goes down well but can't eat anything in the morning. But tbh I never was one to eat in the morning so no changes there. Going for my first fill on Saturday and have lots over a stone since the op so very happy :)

Hi there when did have your fitted

13th October

Sorry, Do u mean how is my eating habits since the op? Or how much was I eating before the op

I did 2 weeks on liquid, the 2 weeks on mushy food but after 9 days started introducing mince meat, then back on solid at week 4 after surgery

Well don't take tonight as an example as very naughty...4 slices of domino pizza, but its my last treat as going for my fill tomorrow! But otherwise, I would eat go ahead cereal bar then lunch half a jacket potato with a filling, like tuna or baked beans and cheese. Dinner would be stuffed peppers with mince meat depending on size of peppers, either half or full pepper. Or ravitas and pate like 3 of them.

Have a look in the banders section for the daily exercise and food intake. It ll give u an idea of what other fellow banders eat. I do complete as much as possible.

I think I have good restriction but I can drink cups of coffee like normal. Someone just said they can never finish a full cup in the morning? I can always drink a full cup of coffee and I probably drink about 6 cups a day. Is this wrong?

How cld it be wrong it is liquid so surely this should go straight through? I don't believe in anything been right or wrong as everyone is different but I am only 2 months post op so what do I know hey!! Hope someone more experienced ll come along with more sound advice

I am no expert but anything liquid should pass through. If it does not then the band is too tight. I had a fill today and had 1 ml put in initially. However I struggled to drink water and had 0.5 ml removed immediately and was fine with that.

tranquil x

I think I have good restriction but I can drink cups of coffee like normal. Someone just said they can never finish a full cup in the morning? I can always drink a full cup of coffee and I probably drink about 6 cups a day. Is this wrong?

Hello it was me that said I never finish a full cup . Not because I cant drink fluids freely etc I just get full,its always been this way for me since I have had the band, nowts changed - I drink fluids freely throughout the day no problem, its just that first one of the day that takes me a while - trust me if I couldn't drink fluids freely I would be str8 down the hospital to get some fill removed . All the best Julie xx

Back