• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thanx Dad

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
I knew my Dad didn't agree with me having weight loss surgery, and now I know he will never change his mind and cheer me on.

I went to a carboot last week and bought a lovely Laura Ashley dress in a size 16 (for £2 it was brand new as well:D) with the aim of fitting in it one day. My Dad said "I don't know why you bought that you will never fit into it".

Thanks Dad!:(

A couple of days ago I bought a NEXT skirt in a size 18 (I'm a size 20 down from a size 26) thinking it may fit in a few weeks. Tried it on when it arrived to find it fits :D:D.
When I told my Mom, Dad over heard and said...... "Ha it will all go back on soon!"
I give up!!

I don't really take any notice of him it just annoys me that he can't even say "well done" for once.

oooooh you must be hopping mad!! My mum is that way, but my dad is complementary when its needed
xxx

aww hugs Wendy thats so sad that hes being this way with you, hes sounding insecure why i dont know, its his problem in his mind not yours. well done sweetheart your doing fantastic x

hugs

I'm so sorry you're dad is behaving so badly and so cruelly. :cry:

It's so very hard when fathers can't or won't affirm their daughters. :mad: It has terrible effects on us girls.

I just want to send you all the love in the world.........and encourage you to keep on going. You've done fantastically well so far and I'm sure you're going to continue to do so.

Please take encouragement where you can, and try to shrug off the discouragement from your dad.

Hugs :grouphugg:

Charis xxx

Thats really upsetting for you, I lost my Dad 10 yrs ago and I idolised him as my Mum died when I was 17 and I was so close to him. The year before he died I lost nearly 10 stone on SW and he was so proud of me. When he died unnexpectedly I was severely depressed and put all my weight back on and more besides! Thats one of the reasons I want to loose it all again, I know if he was still here he would be proud of me again.
If your Dad cant give you the affirmation you need we are all here and we are so proud of everything you are doing,. well done hun and keep up the brilliant work :D x

Dotty me and you have similar daddy weight loss story hun xx

Wendy ignore the silly old sausage (i'm not being rude me and Wendy are bosom buddies) you know you can do it... I think he's judging you by the way your brother has or hasn't handled his wls opportunity. You are going to prove him wrong big style, keep onwards and downwards girl cos i for one can't wait to see you in your slinky dress :) xxx

Its like water off a ducks back he has been like this all my life. Yet total supportive of my eldest daughter.
I don't care I've got a fantastic big brother who had the bypass a few years ago (hasn't done too good...long story) and he had the same off my dad. so phone's me and tells me how well I'm doing.
Thanx Bro

You are doing well Wendy, now get them loose clothes off and get something snug on so EVERYONE can see your loss xx

Alternatively Trev says just get your clothes off :) xx

Dotty me and you have similar daddy weight loss story hun xx

Wendy ignore the silly old sausage (i'm not being rude me and Wendy are bosom buddies) you know you can do it... I think he's judging you by the way your brother has or hasn't handled his wls opportunity. You are going to prove him wrong big style, keep onwards and downwards girl cos i for one can't wait to see you in your slinky dress :) xxx

I call him more than a sausge

You are doing well Wendy, now get them loose clothes off and get something snug on so EVERYONE can see your loss xx

Alternatively Trev says just get your clothes off :) xx

Thats Trev for ya lol

But we luvs ya xx

Aw Wendy i'm so sorry your dad is treating you in this way. As you may know my dad died 8 years ago and it was his money that paid for my surgery last year. I so wish he was still around to see me now as he would be so proud of his "little girl". It's hard to hear that your dad can't see your success or support you but so good to hear you have a fantastic big brother. Your results will speak for themselves and as Julie says get into the slinky stuff and you go girl! Big hugs x

Hello

Sorry to hear your not getting the support you need of your dad, My dad has been an absolute trooper given the situation atm (me mum died 4 weeks ago) and I didnt get the chance to tell her I was having wls ( she sure knows now watching me from up above). I do wish you all the luck and God bless to you.

All the best - MeJulie x x

My Mom and Dad have been on diets all my life. Probably explains why the whole family is over weight that and genes (all females in the maternal side are big)
My Dad has been on xenical for over 4 years :rolleyes:. He is very good at preaching to every one what they should and shouldn't eat, then heads to the kitchen for a chunk of cheese or a biscuit.
When I have lost weight before he said to my friend "It's only water she's losing no wonder she is so ill" I had lost 3 stone of "water" and had flu at the time. :rolleyes:

When my brother had the bypass he refused to go and see him. :(
My brother hasn't had a good weight loss with his bypass (he has lost approx 7-10 stone but is still around 10 stone overweight) which just gives Dad more ammo to say "See i'm right. You should lose weight the proper way"
My brother tells me "I'm ok from the neck down it's my head that needs sorting now" I think that the years of being run down by my Dad has made him really depressed but he has never shown us how bad he really felt.
I'm hoping that now I'm feeling great now due to my weight loss and with the support and answers I get off here that I can help my brother to get to where he wants to be with his life. :D

So I want to say a BIG thank you to everyone here who gives the time to answer any questions people have however silly they may be. THANK YOU
:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

Wendy, I know how easy it is to say 'ignonre him', and I also know how hard it is to do that.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Dad dearly, but on the day of my blessing, I overheard him say 'She looks like she's about to join a Rollie-Pollie routine in that dress'. He probably thought it was all in good humour. I didn't find it quite so funny. We'll see what he says when I've lost my weight and have some wedding shots retaken.
All I can say, is 'Well Done you'. I currently wear clothes from Next's Plus Size range, and I know their sizes aren't the most generous, so an 18 in there is absolutely fab.
Keep it up hun xXx

Hi Wendy,

I do hope that you are feeling ok... great to hear about the Laura Ashley dress. What a find!

You are doing brilliantly and this is for you... my pattern of weight loss has been similar over the years... lose most of it... then put twice the amount lost back on...

We've made such a huge commitment to have the surgery and it's for us... there are times when we just need to close our minds to any negativity and say 'I'm doing it'...

Good luck on your journey and I would like to think that I could be at your side, for the entire journey... keep going!

xxx

My mum is always saying you look big in that , i used to take it to heart all the time but now im like soooooooo i like it so im wearing it. you should be dead proud of yourself . your dad is old school before men used face cream and diets were not that big......so i say well done and make sure you wear your dress whenever you go to his . xxxxx

Just think of the huge lose so far you've dropped so many sizes already i've gone from 26/28 to 18/20 so know where you're coming from

its a bummer that you dont get much support but we are always here

xx

Back