• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

"The nice lady"... well I never!

Zionaka

A funny thing happened today......

After 1 year of being seen by the cardiologist for palpitations etc... i went to see him a couple of weeks ago and as I no longer have palpitations and the results of my angiogram and xrays were good he signed me off.

Well today I got a copy of the discharge letter that he sent to my GP... and I was so tickled by his words I thought I'd share the opening paragraph with you all..........

" Dear GP,

I reviewed this nice lady in my out patients today. I am delighted to report that her coronary angiogram last year was normal, her chest xray unremarkable and her blood pressure jis being adequatly controlled by her current medication.....

She was studying for her degree last time I saw her and since finising and passing her palpitations have stopped.....I believe she is awaiting gastric bypass surgery, which is entirely reasonable and if sucesful should further eleviate her hypertension.....

Hence discharging her..... blah blah

What's the big deal I hear you ask?????

Well, I'll be damned, the Doctor simply refered to me as "The nice lady"!

NOT.... "The obese lady".... "Morbidly obese woman"

Yes, sure I am obese, but every other letter that I have every recieved only ever acknowledged or described my based on my obesity and it just made my day for this Doctor to see more than that.

I know it may not have been a big (excuse the pun) deal for him but I'm gonna write him a letter to thank him for recognising me as a individual who was more than obese.

His simply gesture just made me feel so good because other Dr's have never seen fit to refer to me as anything except obes.

So a big thanks to Dr Amersey for his thoughtfulness.

I have had a letters from different cons recently and all of them started off that way i'm sure not to dampen your parade but they must have a template or something as i'm in a different hosp to you but they all started of like that.

I also had one that finished with as this nice lady is awaiting gastric bypass i'm sure that once a significant part of her excess weight has been lost that her symptoms will ease. but it is NICE excuse the pun that there are cons out there that can be polite.
I think since the ruling in april that we get a copy of the letters i have noticed that they are a bit more polite

xx

lol.. thanks moonflower, lol, he may well have thought i was anything but nice, but like u said it was just the sock at the politness, whoever drafted the template did good lol

Morning to you! Thanks for a very good read, but fortunately i have never been in your situation. Glad you raised the subject because im sure there will be lots of others come along who have received letters like yours. I can understand how good the letter must have made you feel. We are all human and have feelings. Your right he does deserve a thank you letter back.x

hi there sweet,
yes I understand where your coming from,and the doctor will probely be gobsmacked when he gets a nice letter back from you,its great just to be reckonised as a..nice lady and not a obese person.

best wishes x

Back