• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thigh weakness

Big an Bouncy

Dont think this is wls related but does anyone else have muscle weakness in the thigh?My right leg has always given me pain but it seems to 'give' on me now.I have lost over 6 stone and the pain/giving only happens when Im walking about,could it be sciatica?:cry:

I don't know but if it's persistent I'd suggest you see the gp. I know some wls folks get some muscle wastage( Shelbel will be best placed to advise) so perhaps some physio will set you right. Hope you get it sorted soon x

Up your protein if you can as not enough is the cause of post op muscle wastage. Lots of post oppers get back problems post op due to the rapid weight loss affecting your posture and centre of gravity. I developed a herniated disc and had surgery earlier this year.

If possible work on your core muscles, try to build some strength in your abdomen and spine, and that should help. If possible get a referral to see a physio for guided exercise. I've been having hydrotherapy for this lately and it's helped so much. My healing from the spinal surgery has been slow and I've got some wastage going on too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I have a weird sensation if I go to get out of the car, like my legs just give way. Or if I get on to my knees and try and stand up....feel like there is no power there to do it. Wonder if muscle wastage is the problem?

Back