• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Things to pack when going for a tummy tuck

Lou1973

Hi all

I’ve just got back home after going in for a tummy tuck and I thought it would be worth starting a thread on useful things to take into hospital when you go in.

The first thing to say is you don’t need much – the clothes I wore to hospital were the ones I wore home – just make sure they are comfy on you pre op as you will be swollen when they send you home – I wore trackie bottoms and a hoodie and that was fine.

I packed PJ’s and a nightie but to be honest only wore the nightie as it gave the nurses easy assess to the garment when they wanted to check it and it was easier for me not having to pull the bottoms down when I wanted to go to the toilet whilst juggling the two drains.

Take a dressing gown and slippers as when you walk to the theatre you’ll be in your theatre gown (gapping at the back and showing the rather attractive paper knickers) and DVT socks.

I spent a lot of time hanging around both pre surgery and a lot of hours post surgery in bed so take some boredom busters – a book, puzzle book, psp etc. Also make sure you take your mobile phone and charger – great for keeping in touch with the outside world without racking up hospital call charge bills.

My other godsend was a chap stick – your lips get really dry and I was gratefully for it lots of times.

That was about it really other than underwear and toiletries.

Oh and when you unpack make sure everything is in easy reach – you wont be very mobile post op and having everything handy is great

Am sure others will post with their must have items and tips

Thanks for this Lou, my op's not for a few weeks yet but my case is almost packed. With xmas and new year coming i wanted to make sure i had everything prepared.

I had bought PJs but with the drains in mind i think i better take nighties instead.

Great post!

xx

Back