• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thinking about it.

Nellybellie11

Hi. I have been asked by the doctor if I would like a referal for WLS. I have spoke to someone who has had the sleeve done and she said go for it. I am at the moment thinking about it and talking to family. Some of them say go for it and others have said it is a drastic thing to do to loose weight. I have tried dieting with no permanent sucess so I think this would be the answer for me as my weight is starting to affect my health. Can someone let me know how they came to their decission.

My decision was purely made on health. Like you my GP offered to refer me, I went along to the appointment initially to see what it was all about, and kept a very open mind. I attended all the group sessions and dietician appointments too still with the open mind, and knew that at any point i could back out, so i feel you've nothing to loose in going along and you can make your own mind up once more informed. Also you can take along the family if needed so they too can hear all the correct info and then make a more informed decision. I took my hubby along every step of the way, he was able to ask questions and get it straight in his own head too. My wait with the NHS was almost 3 years, so by the time i had attended everything, got funding etc the op was just a natural progression. As i say my health was my main motivation, and am already feeling the benefits. :) For me wls was my only option to re gain a healthier life, i had gotten too heavy to be able to do it myself with limited mobility. Sometimes i can not believe i have been brave enough to go thru wls but it was my last and only hope x x x I say go for it you've nothing to lose and all the useful information to gain, and should you feel nearer the time you can always so NO :) all the best x x x

Hi. I have been asked by the doctor if I would like a referal for WLS. I have spoke to someone who has had the sleeve done and she said go for it. I am at the moment thinking about it and talking to family. Some of them say go for it and others have said it is a drastic thing to do to loose weight. I have tried dieting with no permanent sucess so I think this would be the answer for me as my weight is starting to affect my health. Can someone let me know how they came to their decission.
Hi & welcome Nellybellie :)
After having a series of health issues involving my heart, asthma and joints the decision was more or less made for me when I sat in the orthopeadic consultants chair weeping buckets after being told If I didn't lose weight I was going to be wheelchair bound because my joints could no longer carry me safely. I was about to become a gran for the first time & to hear this was devastating. I was 50 yrs old at the time. It was that consultant who could see I had hit rock bottom and asked if he could put my name forward for bariatric surgery. I honestly thought he was just trying to fob me off in order to get me out of his hair! 4 months later I saw the local bariatric consultant who forwarded me to Rosshall once I showed willing to play by the rules lol and by the dec 2012 i started the process proper. Nine months further on I finally got my bypass :) & today I'm nearly thirteen stones lighter. Still losing and very happy with my decision :)

Back