• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new and thinking of getting Gastric Balloon

ljade

hi im new to this,
ive tried lots of diets for the last 6 years but for every stone i loose i seem to put 2 back on !
i am now getting very worried as i have diabetes in the family :sigh: and want to sort my weight before its to late!!
so im thinking of getting the gastric balloon
my target weight loss is 5 stone but i am petrified of the thought of surgery. so i think if i have the balloon and loose around 3 i will be in the right frame of mind to keep it off.
i have a consultation in a week with healthier weight.
any help or past experiences would be great to hear
thanks

Hi ljade

I have had a balloon for 6 weeks now but its only to lose a bit more weight so i can have a bypass or sleeve..
I would think very carefully before parting with you hard earned cash as a balloon is only in for 6 months or a year and if you have a tendancy to yo yo, it is rather a lot of money to spend for a year..
Its is 50/50 whether your body rejects the balloon in your stomach, i am one of the lucky ones and not had too much problem. I do feel sick a lot, sometimes what food is ok one day, isnt liked the next ..

For me, if i wasnt having another operation after the balloon i would worry the weight would go back on..

All the best

Nicky xx

Hi ljade and welcome I agree with noodles above the balloon is only for a short term but if you are sure that you would be able to continue your journey with just that little bit of help then go for it

Thanks for your replies ! i am getting the reshape duo balloon which apparently has 100% success rate at healthier weight ( it has never had to be taken out before 6 months) i am also only 20 the last time i was happy with my weight was when i was 15 so im longing for that body again, im sure once i can see a difference i will stick to it :) Nicky how was the experiance for you ? where did you get it done and how much have you lost so far/expect to loose? sorry for all the questions theres just not much info online so any info would be great thanks :)

Hi and welcome to the forum. Have to agree with the others. Surgeons usually use a balloon to bring weight down to a safe level before operating. You might be better with a band in the long run.

Look forward to chatting.

Kate x

Back