• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This weekend / not feeling too good

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
Hi peeps,

1. I won't be around and online much this weekend as I'm supposed to be travelling down to Dorset for my Dad's 80th birthday party.

but ....

2. Have suddenly developed pain for last 12 hours in left side of my abdomen (upper left / chest and ribs area) -- I don't think it is my ticker because I am breathing fine (and sat here at my laptop typing for a few mins as well -- obviously).

Am thinking it might possibly be diverticulitis (I did suffer one bout several years ago altho the pain was lower down, lower abdomen that time).

Currently I have rubbed some Ibuprofen gel all over the left side of my tummy to try and get it to calm down.

Am not feeling 100% -- tired, and weak and as if I only want to do the bare minimum of anything (eg have only replied to 2 threads today, am going to iron only one outfit, do the minimum I can to prepare for tomorrow and then have a shower).

If it gets worse, I will (obviously) call a GP or NHS Direct or even A&E ..... but am currently in "wait and see" mode.

If the darned thing can just hold off doubling me over in crippling stomach pain for a while, I will go to a MediCentre on Monday.

I may or may not see your replies ..... or will catch up Sunday evening when I'm back from the party (assuming I do make it down there).

:( :( :(

Hope the pain goes hun and you can go enjoy the time with your Dad xxx

I suffer from diverticulosis. Get plenty of fibre. Take 2 sachets of Fibogel a day, morning and night and it will clear up quickly, if it is diverticulitis.

Hope ur better soon x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Poor you, don't wait too long to get checked out pain is never agood thing to have an it sounds like it is pretty bad go an get it sorted even if its just to put your mind at rest, if it were your child you would have taken thm to get help we always hang back whenits ourselves in pain no medals for bravery just more pain don't wait just go good luck hope you get sorted x

At 2 am this morning I caved in and went to A&E as I was just in so much pain.

Anyway ........ 6 hrs later i was released at 8 am with an explanation and easy treatment.

ECG / heart -- all 100% fine, no problem there.

X-ray showed I had massive blocked pooh in my abdomen creating the (upper) abdo pain.:eek:

- - - - - - - - - -

Well I never ...... felt slightly foolish as all the treatment required was: one suppository, a few laxatives and a glass of water! :p :eek: :p

I have had constipation before (rarely) but never with massive abdominal pain before -- on the few previous occasions only felt that "straining" feeling.

I had taken Thursday + Friday off work in order to "get things done" prior to Dad's party ...... and had been "on the go" both days a lot, probably not drinking as much water as I normally do.

glad you're better now sharon, have a lovely time with your family :) xxx

Hi Sharon

Thats a relief that its something that can be remedied simply enough! Post-op my bowels are a nightmare, specially as I struggle with veg now which I used to eat in abundance!

Anyway - glad you're ok and enjoy your weekend xx

So pleased you went to A n E at least the pain has gone and you can join your family for the party doesn't matter what was causing it as long as its sorted. I agree with some of he supporting comments also i have had good and bad days since my op last August in the toilet department think i must have come out in sympathy for you because i had great problems through the night feeling uncomfortable n pressure but no pain eventually went bout 7.30am today thank goodness for that. Spent about 4 months using fybogel twice a day but most days am ok so only take when i need it now. We have some terrible things to deal with some days don't we ladies. relax now and enjoy xx

Glad you got it sorted hun, have a good weekend with your Dad xx

Thanks all. Am back and managed to enjoy the party (seeing a lot of old family friends from our childhood was good).

The prob is not 100% sorted yet, still feeling quite knotted and churned up (despite having eaten lots of fruit and veg and drunk many litres of water and taking natural Senna products etc) but at least I was able to go to the party knowing what the problem is.

I think stress might have contributed to the start of the problem, as I had been getting myself quite stressed about certain family dynamics before going to the party.

Have also found it is worse while sitting, and slightly relieved while either standing or lying flat stretching the stomach out.

You'll get there just have these hurdles to negotiate and we'll all be hopefully fine and dandy but the date for that to happen is like finding the lottery numbers be when we not really paying attention. xx

Back