• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thorpe park

soni.03

Elooo everyone, past 2 weeks i have bern worryin i wouldnt fit on NO rides, not even the minor rides, well i went thorpe park ydai and with my suprisr i actauli went on 6 rides, 2 of the bigger rollercoasters and 4 of the water ones and not to xtreme ones, i want to go again as i couldnt fit on all the rides, but im glad i did get to go on sum

This is my worry for the summer holidays. Can I ask how much you weigh? I have till mid aug to get to a size where I can fit in the rides

Hey nikshikari i weight 130 kg and im 5.3ft, my chest size is 54ibches n to b able to go on all rides max size is 51, so dont worry about weight reli, depends on ur built:)

Thanks for this info Soni, I've absolutely love rides and I'm desperate to get back on them after I've lost some weight but would of been too scared to go try them without being sure I can get on. Glad you had a great time :) x

I shall have to invest in a tape measure :) lol thank you :)

Hi I had to leave a ride a few years ago as the harness wouldnt go down. Awful experience at lightwater valley - avoided rides since. I was a size 26 then. x

Happened to me 6 years ago on one ride in a whole theme park. I was about a size 22.

It was lucky the park had only just open. I could have died with shame :(

Well done Soni xxx

Most of the big rides, stealth, saw, samari, colosus and swarm have tester seats at the entrance of the queue, so before queuing and being embarrassed on the ride you can sneak a go in the test seat to see if you can go on :)
I also found the same at Alton Towers and used the tester seat to see if I could go on Air. I have been going on all the rides this year as I'd lost 10lbs and found it easier to fitt in the seats, still end up covered in bruises though from them, the worst is saw for that :)

Not all the tester seats in thorpe park are the standard size as i tried one and fitted but cudnt fit on the actual ride, found out after frim the staff that there are only some seats in certain rows that size that u need to ask for, the rest can be slightly smaller!

What a fab achievement. It was always my excuse as to why I couldn't go on rides but now I can fit into all the rides I'm going to have to find a new excuse. I hate rides with a passion lol. Very pleased you had a fun time though Soni.

Kate x

I have been on some travelling fair rides over the summer holiday. Not sure if it's due to my pouch, but on all of them it's all I can do to not be sick. My pouch seems to hate being chucked around lol

Maybe rollercoasters would be better. Nemesis or air :D

Well done for your achievements :D xxx

I used to love rides then I got big and died of shame when I got kicked off air as didn't fit.

I went to TP a few months back and got on all rides but Swarm as I was frightened. Even fitting in I cried in fear that I weigh to much and was going to die. I hated the day as my sister and hubby keeped saying I had to go on (can't be left alown and they didn't want to miss out) we did saw 5 times and each time I was so frighten silly really but hay hoo I will just not go to anything like it again.

Back