• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ticking the boxes. clairemp's pre op diary..

Haha! That's one good thing about being disabled.

I'd have to drag someone and force them to wheel me down so I ain't going anywhere..!

:)

That's a good job xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Next Thursday I'm in!!

Brill news beebbeebcat, my new date is 30th so I hope you all save me a space on the losers bench.

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Oh Lin that's great. The 30th isn't too long to wait.

We'll all be on the losers bench soon..!!!!

Can't believe I only have 3 sleeps until I'm admitted and 4 til my op, eeek..!

I've realised that these past few days I've barely eaten anything.

I'm supposed to be following a milk and yoghurt diet but I don't have any appetite T all..

I don't know if this is good or bad but I certainly feel prepared for life after I've been sleeved..

Yesterday al I had is a muller light yoghurt X 3 and a milky coffee.

I feel fine, although my HBA1C is 69 which is way too high. I've been told that my sleeve/weight loss is unlikely to rectify my diabetes so I have to start blood monitoring straight away.

What a pain in the a**e..!

This time next week you will be on the losers bench!!

I'm so proud of you Claire xx

Today I'm feeling like there are much worse things than being fat.

Thinking about all those people in Paris, who like many sadly before, won't be going home to see their loved ones..

Today I'm feeling like there are much worse things than being fat. Thinking about all those people in Paris, who like many sadly before, won't be going home to see their loved ones..

I know Claire it's so upsetting x

So here I am..

Was admitted last night at around 7:30pm. Have a side room which is nice. Think this is because my mum is here as my carer. She spent the night sleeping in a bariatric chair. Not comfortable. I use 'carer' loosely as she already managed to tip me out of my wheelchair. I had to have the nurses come in and hoist me off the floor..! We saw the funny side..!

I'm first on the list so I'm patiently waiting. Im not feeling nervous, in fact I'm not feeling too much of anything right now. It's quite strange. I do have a headache, but I'm putting that down to not having any fluid for a while.

I'll let you know when I'm on the losers bench :)

Good luck Claire, glad you popped on this morning. Look forward to hearing from you later when you are on the losers bench and new beginnings xxx

Hope your ok and taking things easy let me know how you are doing x x

So here I am.. Was admitted last night at around 7:30pm. Have a side room which is nice. Think this is because my mum is here as my carer. She spent the night sleeping in a bariatric chair. Not comfortable. I use 'carer' loosely as she already managed to tip me out of my wheelchair. I had to have the nurses come in and hoist me off the floor..! We saw the funny side..! I'm first on the list so I'm patiently waiting. Im not feeling nervous, in fact I'm not feeling too much of anything right now. It's quite strange. I do have a headache, but I'm putting that down to not having any fluid for a while. I'll let you know when I'm on the losers bench :)

YOU DID IT!!!

Lovely to see you today Claire!!

Get lots of rest and TLC.

I am so proud of you xxxxxxxx

image-3821077170.jpg

Hi all,

So back in the land of the living. Thank you so much for your good wishes.

It was so lovely to see you yesterday Lisa and thank you for my card and pressie. I'm so sorry I wasn't more with it yesterday. I'm looking forward to catching up properly soon X

I lost 10kg on my pre op diet..! I was on the milk diet for 3 weeks and if I'm honest the first week was a series of false starts so I'd say I did 16 days really.

So I went down first on the list which was great as there was no hanging around. The procedure took a couple of hours and when I came round in recovery the most discomfort I had was from under my ribs. There is a port site there so I guess the soreness is from having a laparoscope poked and prodded around. Had some wind pain between my shoulder blades but it eased through the evening.

Was taking small sips water for all yesterday. The feeling of pressure on your chest when you sip too much is disconcerting but is a marker to slow things down. For me the temptation to gulp only happened once because I forgot myself. I won't do it again..!

Today I woke up more uncomfortable than I was yesterday. Today I've had more pain from my larger left port, but nothing that some paracetamol doesn't sort out.

So I've had watered down orange juice, tea and some chicken soup and some hot chocolate today. I'm just about to try tomato. After so long on milk and yoghurts it's just nice to taste some flavour.

Been weeing for Britain but haven't felt the need for a bowel movement yet.

Signing off from the losers bench :) X

Hi all,

So back in the land of the living. Thank you so much for your good wishes.

It was so lovely to see you yesterday Lisa and thank you for my card and pressie. I'm so sorry I wasn't more with it yesterday. I'm looking forward to catching up properly soon X

I lost 10kg on my pre op diet..! I was on the milk diet for 3 weeks and if I'm honest the first week was a series of false starts so I'd say I did 16 days really.

So I went down first on the list which was great as there was no hanging around. The procedure took a couple of hours and when I came round in recovery the most discomfort I had was from under my ribs. There is a port site there so I guess the soreness is from having a laparoscope poked and prodded around. Had some wind pain between my shoulder blades but it eased through the evening.

Was taking small sips water for all yesterday. The feeling of pressure on your chest when you sip too much is disconcerting but is a marker to slow things down. For me the temptation to gulp only happened once because I forgot myself. I won't do it again..!

Today I woke up more uncomfortable than I was yesterday. Today I've had more pain from my larger left port, but nothing that some paracetamol doesn't sort out.

So I've had watered down orange juice, tea and some chicken soup and some hot chocolate today. I'm just about to try tomato. After so long on milk and yoghurts it's just nice to taste some flavour.

Been weeing for Britain but haven't felt the need for a bowel movement yet.

Signing off from the losers bench :) X

Congratulations on becoming a loser haha great to read how it went for you and glad your not in too much pain. Hope you feel more normal soon. Your doing great keep up the good work.

Kirsty xx

P.s save me a seat on that bench im hoping to plant my bum on it after xmas

So glad it all went so well for you claire, well done on that weight loss, fantastic. Just take things easy and congratulations on reaching the losers bench x

Well done Claire

Rest and take care!!

Xx

Back