• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tiolet problem

drylaw

hi guys looking for help i am 11 days post op and i didnt move my bowels till i was 7 days out was painful but managed since then i have become more and more constapated and each day so much so have spent the last hour in the toilet crying in pain have managed to do something eventually but dont want to go through that each time so im looking for any advice i can use for relief

I like to use lactulose - you can buy it over the counter at the pharmacy and it's liquid - others I know prefer movicol or even suppositories.

Aw sorry you are in pain, sweetie :wave_cry: If the lactulose doesn't work, go for suppositories as they will definately work. Are you drinking enough? Try upping your liquid intake & this may help for the future ... sorry I don't know any more as I was OK :sigh: xxx

I had this problem too, finished up seeing doctor, was prescribed Laxido, an orange flavoured powder that you mix with water, I take one sachet an evening, still only go twice a week but it is effortless

I was prescribed glycerine suppositories which work on me in 15 minutes. Rocket fuel LOL

Yes I still have the problem and some days its worse than others, i am now 9 months post op, i have prune juice each day and prune yoghurts, fat free ones from asda they really help me out, plenty of water n try n get your fruit n veg in after your protein of course, sometimes put bran on my cereal for bit extra roughage. xx My sympathy it is terrible.xx

thanks for all the sugestions i think what is the problem is i am still on a liquid diet so not exactly food going through my system

Yes it sdifficult to go to the toilet we have to put food in and i think you know our bowels must be quite big so thye will take some filling so we wont go as much and it is more difficult, i know after straining for 9 months well most of it, i was getting concerned, my mother has a prolapse and was worrying in case the pressure would do the same to me, had my smear done today n nurse said no sign of anything like that but if i keep havin gprobs to see doc. xx

Back