• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Today is the day!

mum21baba

:confused:

Hello all, this is my first post, although i have been lurking for a couple of weeks. Well this is my story:
I was diagnosed with a condition called Benign Intra cranial Hypertension at the aged of 21 in 2007. This is a condition that is directly related to my weight and the only known cure is weight loss. I have carried on as normal since then, with my weight gradually increasing (I have also had a lovely little girl) and I have got to a point where I can't do things without my back aching or feeling really uncomfortable. I have also suffered with terrible depression which I am convinced is related to my weight and my lack of self confidence.

Anyway in early August this year, I decided enough was enough and I needed some help. I went to my very supportive GP who referred me to a weight management clinic. My first appointment was on the 30th September and they told me that I would have to complete a 6 month course before I would be considered for surgery.

However, my condition has got so much worse, with splitting headaches and loss of vision so my GP has requested that my case is seen as an emergency. And to cut a very long story short my PCT are having a panel meeting today to decide whether they will fund my surgery

Sorry all for the mammoth post but its the first time I have ever really got it all out. Please please keep your fingers crossed for me

Becks x x x x x

mum21baba said:
:confused:

Hello all, this is my first post, although i have been lurking for a couple of weeks. Well this is my story:
I was diagnosed with a condition called Benign Intra cranial Hypertension at the aged of 21 in 2007. This is a condition that is directly related to my weight and the only known cure is weight loss. I have carried on as normal since then, with my weight gradually increasing (I have also had a lovely little girl) and I have got to a point where I can't do things without my back aching or feeling really uncomfortable. I have also suffered with terrible depression which I am convinced is related to my weight and my lack of self confidence.

Anyway in early August this year, I decided enough was enough and I needed some help. I went to my very supportive GP who referred me to a weight management clinic. My first appointment was on the 30th September and they told me that I would have to complete a 6 month course before I would be considered for surgery.

However, my condition has got so much worse, with splitting headaches and loss of vision so my GP has requested that my case is seen as an emergency. And to cut a very long story short my PCT are having a panel meeting today to decide whether they will fund my surgery

Sorry all for the mammoth post but its the first time I have ever really got it all out. Please please keep your fingers crossed for me

Becks x x x x x

Welcome and i wish u the best of luck what area are u from. Justine x

Welcome Becks & fingers crossed you get your funding & op very soon, sweetheart ... keep posting & we will support you in every way we can xxx :):)

Welcome Becks, fingers crossed on the funding and a quick onward journey.

However, my condition has got so much worse, with splitting headaches and loss of vision so my GP has requested that my case is seen as an emergency.

How lovely to have such a pro-active, get things done GP !!

Please please tell us the PCT say yeah ....?

welcome and good luck :) xxx

good luck!!
got my fingers crossed for you hun

Good luck Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back