• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trolling/Flaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

sicknote

Trolling/Flaming is not allowed on this forum. If you cannot say something nice do not say anything at all. This means you agree not to flame, taunt, insult, harass or disrespect any user of this forum

I'm feeling a little bit down today as i look to this site for "support" and a nice community feeling and up untill now i have experianced just that but the last couple of posts i read seemed a bit? well one sided and not very nice too see grown people "digging" each other out! it seems to me that there is enough problems in our personal life without logging in and seeing someone being targeted for a bad choice they made??? x just feeling a little upset thats all, I'm frightened to post just incase it inflame the situation's more, so thought i'd rant instead xxx hope your all well xx

Hiya sicknote xx If you are upset by a post please report it so the mods can have a look and deal with it hun!!! That's what we're here for

Please don't be afraid to post. As Mods we urge anyone who has an issue with any post for whatever reason to report it. We take all reported posts seriously and look into them. I can only back what Neen has said please click on the the report button (the little read triangle with an exclaimation mark in just under your stats).

Hope your feeling in better spirts soon x x x

I hope your feeling a bit better hun. I think we all have days like that.

Do something nice for yourself if you can even if its only a face mask and do your nails or bake or go out for a drive.Must be coz the sun has gone again its trying to rain here.

jo
xx

Please don't be afraid to post. As Mods we urge anyone who has an issue with any post for whatever reason to report it. We take all reported posts seriously and look into them. I can only back what Neen has said please click on the the report button (the little read triangle with an exclaimation mark in just under your stats).

Hope your feeling in better spirts soon x x x

Thankyou, i didn't know how to do it and i did log into a mods profile but wasn't sure how to put it? seemed like titletattle but it just gets upseting when you see people being targeted, i'v always been a person to voice my opinion but because i can't see these people it makes it difficult to judge how they would react??? I really enjoy looking at the vast amount of information thats put on posts and i enjoy the conversation that follows, lately however its not been to "supportive"! if i see anything like it again i will do what youv'e said red triangle thing, as i can't abide sitting back watching xxxx Thankyou for your help xxx

It would appear from what I have just seen, is that certain members who consider themselves "more experienced" maybe or "more knowledgeable" than others, deem it necessary to judge members for making particular choices that they consider "bad". Surely being sarcastic and having a dig at other members, even to go as far as to say it was because someone had paid for their surgery is so rude. Next thing is you will have those that had surgery on the NHS against those that paid.
Everyones opinions count and everyone should remember this.

I have to say that I feel the same as you Suzanne.
I was a little offended at the going privately dig made in that original thread. Unfortunately I had company and wasn't able to comment when I read it and when I was able to get back online the thread had been closed.
Its a shame because the content of the original post was very interesting and now we cant comment on it.
Lynne x

Hi folks

As Neen and Terri have already said please, please, please report any posts you have an issue with.

The post you are referring too was quite rightly closed by Terri and the reasons were as she posted.

Lets get back to what we all do best x x

I can only echo what the others have said... if something upsets or offends you then please report it, we can't act if we don't know about it. xx

Hi folks

As Neen and Terri have already said please, please, please report any posts you have an issue with.

The post you are referring too was quite rightly closed by Terri and the reasons were as she posted.

Lets get back to what we all do best x x

I am of the opinion that closing a thread doesn't doesn't always address the problem. It prevents all of us from commenting on what was originally posted which isn't a good thing for those who do not break the rules but doesn't necessarily have the desired effect on the offending poster/s. Moderating isn't an enviable task but the fear is that it tars us all with the same brush.
Isn't it possible for the Moderators to remove just the post/posts that are inciting childish, tit for tat mentality and for that poster/s to receive a strike. Then when they reach so many strikes, they would be removed from the site.

Last edited:
As this thread started with a copy and paste of one of the rules, I will finish it in the same way.

The forum rules are available for all to read here http://www.wlsurgery.com/news-please-read/127883-wlsurgery-com-rules.html

I quote rule number 17

1. No discussion of moderation/administration decisions period! Please use the PM functionality to contact an Administrator if you have an issue with a decision made by moderation/administration.
I think this would be a good time to close this thread and suggest that everyone remind themselves of the forum rules so we can get back to doing what we are here for. Supporting one another and seeking support.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back