• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trouble taking antibiotics

JoJoTGirl

I have a permanent lung condition called brochiecstasis and unfortunately get Hib lung infections on and off. As such, I keep a supply of antibiotics at home and am supposed to take them immediately I realise an infection is present.......like now.

Trouble is I've tried 3 times now and can't keep them down. I also have trouble keeping forceval down so I guess my tum must be much more sensitive now than before or possible just as its less space and less digestive juices, the high concentration disagrees with me. :eek:

Does anyone else struggle to get antibiotics down? I had an infection straight after surgery (which was to be expected) and had to take a different / less effective antibiotic in liquid form (amoxicillin) and had no real stomach issues with that. Is that normal?? The most effective antibiotic (doxicycline) is not licensed in liquid form in the UK so that's not an option. :confused:

Any sleevers had similar issues? Does this resolve itself in time or not really? This could cause me some real issues in the future so am a bit :sigh: about it! Luckily, I have a bottle of amoxicllin hanging about so will start on that and get on the phone to my respiratory consultant on Monday, but will be nice to know if anyone else has similar issues? :(

Hi hon, I found that I struggled with capsules. Doxycycline comes in tablet form too, so is that worth an ask? I have no problem with tablets. But capsules can get stuck/

Back