• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Underwired bra? Does it rub scars?

minxie

A question for the girls - were you able to wear a bra afterwards. I'm not sure where the scars will be so don't know if bra will rub. Also I only wear underwired - will I be able to? If not a quick trip to the shops is needed lol.

i was more comfortable in non wired on the days after the op. My cuts are quite low but one high cut just where a wire would sit.

i was fine with my bra :)

All my cuts were low, but I didn't wear a bra in hosp or in the car on the way home, but they have been fine xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I didn't wear a bra for a week or so.
I also only wear under-wired bras.
I found that to stop any chaffing, rubbing and soreness, I wore a sanitary pad under each wire for a couple of weeks. Worked a treat :)

Yes I think a soft bra might be best really. As you do not know how high one of the cuts might be. I had one quite high, but did not wear a bra for a few days then only soft ones.

Piffy xx

I didn't have any problems with my underwire bras. My scars are quite low down and the highest one wasn't too near my bra so it didn't effect it. I only wore them if I was going out though, I lived in pj's the rest of the time without bra support. I don't own any non wired ones anyway.

Good tip, Jay ... not sure how to explain that if it slipped out in a public place... lol. Quick exit to the left ... x

I wore a soft sports-type bra for a week to ten days after surgery.
I have quite a high cut right between my boobs so wouldn't have been able to stand the wire. Needed something to lift and separate though so air could get to the wound! :eek:
xXx

Back