• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

very down :(((

sukay

Trying to focus on future
Hello all

Bad day today........ scales have gone a bit awry..... at least I hope they have :(

When I got on the scales this morning I weighed a whole STONE more

I have to say I was devastated and cried my eyes out - it affected me really badly.

I got on and off many times and weight fluctuated between 5 and 14 lbs heavier than last week.

Has anyone had any fluctuations - any weight gains while travelling down the RNY route?

The one big positive in my life at the moment is my weight loss :(

Sue it would be very difficult indeed to gain a stone in a week post bypass. You would have trouble gaining that much in a week if you hadnt had a bypass.

Sounds like the scales need new batteries hun. x

Sue, weighing at home is fatal... Unless you're 100% certain your scales are in exactly the same place as last week..

I guarantee you if you move the demon scales around the room 3 or 4 times you'll have at least two different weights....

Don't be down, you know you are doing great.

Bin them scales and smile girl, as you say, you know you're losing weight :) xx

I had my surgery on 15/11/09 and have not lost any weight for nearly a month now, it is so frustrating, especially when Im only eating enough to keep a baby alive !!!!!

Stop weighing yourself, I have given up with up that, I just consentrate on how much healthier I feel and how my clothes are hanging off me.

xx

100% it's the scales! It really sounds impossible to put that amount of weight on as Sam says. Try not to worry i'm sure your sort it out soon xxx

id say it was the scales - especially since your stepping on and off and its giving you different weights! Dont worry x

Thank you :)

I do appreciate your replies - thank you :)

I was having a downer on Monday and the scales was the final straw :(

The good news is my weight has dropped a little but I still weigh 3lbs more than last week. I'll just have to "suck it up" and deal with it

I have heard people say before that, even after the menopause, they still have a monthly fluid gain, and I am really keeping my fingers crossed that that's all it is.

This surgery has been a life saver for me, as it has for many, and I think the worse part of Monday was the fear of not getting any further with my weight loss. I just panicked

Thanks again

I had my surgery on 15/11/09 and have not lost any weight for nearly a month now, it is so frustrating, especially when Im only eating enough to keep a baby alive !!!!!

Stop weighing yourself, I have given up with up that, I just consentrate on how much healthier I feel and how my clothes are hanging off me.

xx

Oh dear - that's strange? It must be hard... but we are in this for the long haul and , like you say, best to concentrate on how clothes fit.

I did actually try on all my clothes again, just to check that they all felt comfortable or loose or whatever, because I was so worried :D

Sukay

I do know how you feel, thats why I wont have scales in the house. I go to my local boots every couple of weeks or so and really try hard not to think about it in between times. We all have a stall or small gain from time to time in our wl journey, deep down we know that but it doesnt stop us feeling like cr@p when it does happen :(

Heres hoping next week is more positive for you

Take care Xx

I used to weigh myself every day, but since surgery I have to now remind myself to do it as it is no longer important, although I must admit (quietly) I am terrified that I will get on them and they show that I have put weight on!

I have the most expensive set of scales ever, I bought the Wii and Wii Fit and only use it as a set of scales!!!! The grandkids play on it every couple of months or so, so worth it for that if nothing else lol.

Ah the curse of the scales, we all have times when the scales misbehave and we have to send them to some distant corner, like the garage, until they can behave themselves! Water retention can play havoc with weight loss, so perhaps make a note of which weeks you have a small gain (course that might not happen again, but just in case)and see if there is a monthly pattern. I wish you good luck on your journey.

Last edited:
Wow that definitely sounds like a problem with the scales. New batteries!!!

Oh god, I'm so glad it's not just me.

It doesn't make any sense does it.

I haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks, it keeps going up and down by a lb or 2 - how is it possible to gain weight with the tiny amount we can eat post op?????

I totally understand how frustrating it is for you honey, sending lots of hugs your way.

xxx

Its definitely the scales. I find that if I'm constipated my weight can go up by about 3-4lb overnight but it goes as soon as i've 'gone' LOL. Scales are bad bad bad

I used to weigh myself every day, but since surgery I have to now remind myself to do it as it is no longer important, although I must admit (quietly) I am terrified that I will get on them and they show that I have put weight on!

I have the most expensive set of scales ever, I bought the Wii and Wii Fit and only use it as a set of scales!!!! The grandkids play on it every couple of months or so, so worth it for that if nothing else lol.

well done on keeping away from them - I admire you for that :)

Ah the curse of the scales, we all have times when the scales misbehave and we have to send them to some distant corner, like the garage, until they can behave themselves! Water retention can play havoc with weight loss, so perhaps make a note of which weeks you have a small gain (course that might not happen again, but just in case)and see if there is a monthly pattern. I wish you good luck on your journey.

Will do Dawn - will keep a note in my diary I think :)

Oh god, I'm so glad it's not just me.

It doesn't make any sense does it.

I haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks, it keeps going up and down by a lb or 2 - how is it possible to gain weight with the tiny amount we can eat post op?????

I totally understand how frustrating it is for you honey, sending lots of hugs your way.

xxx

Thanks Pookie - sorry to hear about your slow weight loss :( and hope it drops suddenly for you :)

Its definitely the scales. I find that if I'm constipated my weight can go up by about 3-4lb overnight but it goes as soon as i've 'gone' LOL. Scales are bad bad bad

oh yes, the dreaded "constipation" lol! I have to keep an eye on that too :D

Thanks again everyone!! good to have your supprt :)

Back