• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Walsall patients? What can i eat on the liquid stage?

phatmomma

I know i have 4 weeks on the liquid stage, just wondering apart from sugar free ice lollies and juice and obviously nas drinks what can i actually eat? I'm guessing that after a week of soup twice a day i'm gonna be sick of it.

I cannot possibly manage soup for breakfast lol x

I usually have a protein shake for breakfast.... Or SS milky coffee? Nice to see you up and about Julie x

Yoghurt for brekkie (no bits), thinned out with ss milk.

Yum Yum (not) protein shakes.

I can't think of anything else, I lived off yoghurt, milk & soups! Not ate soup since lol

Sorry, forgot to add options hot chocolate (made with milk) & NAS instant pudding.

How about slimfasts, i dont like them but they are high in protein xx

Hi Julie

From memory, there were the fortimel shakes, tea, coffee, bovril, soup (cupasoup consistency) options or highlights hot choc, milk, water, nas cordials, sugar free jelly. Walsall patients are meant to do 4 weeks on that stage, but I think I lasted about 20 days before introducing things like sugar free angel delight, slightly thicker soups, very sloppy weetabix etc.

Thanks all, i'll plod on! Fortimel for breakfast tomorrow :)

I'm lucky as in so far i've actually enjoyed them!

Thank god for that i was beginig to think i was strange after reading posts on here i thought i was the only one that enjoyed them. lol janey:eek::eek:

I'm just coming to the end of 4 weeks on the liquid stage (yay!!). My diet consists of Actimel, protein shakes, soup, coffee, nas squash, fruit / vegetable juice, sf jelly, yogurts, sf custard. I also add blitzed fruit or a shot of espresso to my shakes for extra flavour. I do often feel bloated - I'm not used to taking in so much fluid ! Good luck Julie, stick at it - I won't pretend it's easy, especially not for 4 weeks.. but the end result is worth it ! Take care, xx

Thanks Rose, onwards and upwards ay... :) x

If you last the 4 weeks you are a better woman than me lol I lasted 3 weeks then started on slops then went back to liquid cause I couldnt eat anything blended apart from home made veg soup lol

Back