• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

'Warming' the band up to eat

RaeB

For those that have restriction, do you sometimes have to wake the band up? I am very restricted at the moment, can take about 4 forkfuls (slowly) and experience discomfort. After 5 mins or so, I often feel this clearing, the food goes through and I can eat again until I've had enough with no discomfort.

Any tips on how to tackle this as the discomfort is not at all pleasant?

I hope you get this sorted not nice to be uncomfortable..sadly Im not at restriction yet and cannot advise you :/

It sounds as if you potentially have too much restriction from your band if you only eat that much and then get discomfort too.

How long do you wait between each mouthful?

I'm following the 20:20:20 rule, not that I can get to the last 20!

I'm going to see if I can get a defill today or tomorrow. I think I've just slipped into the red zone, not good.

Thanks for your replies ladies.

Defill booked for tomorrow at 2.00 with Mr Slater. I could have seen the nurse today.

My provider is very, very good. I really feel as though I am in safe hands with them. :)

I'm glad that you've booked in, I think if you follow that rule to eat but aren't getting very far it really does suggest that there's a bit too much in there. One thing you do want to avoid is suffering from over restriction where it becomes harder to eat, drink and its just awful!

Glad you're in good hands :)

hope that all goes well with your defill today - will be interesting to see how you feel after it :)

All done and the assurance that my consultant is available on Monday and Tuesday as well as being on call over Christmas if I need him.

He took out half of what he added in at the last fill. He thinks this tweak will see a slow, but steady weight loss moving forward. Well that's good enough for me!

sounds good :) it seems strange doesn't it that letting some out will enable the losses, but it enables us to eat in a way that enables the weight loss :) hope it continues well for you :)

Back