• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Water

triedeverything

Hi I am wondering about water as I have read that lots is post op sleevers struggle to drink regular water. Can anyone tell me does this last 2 or 3 months out? It's just I'm a singer and I really need to drink a lot of water especially drink during gigs. I always have a couple of bottles on stage.

I know chugging may be out the question but can I sip between songs ok will it go down quickly? I get about 10 seconds between songs to take a drink so it's kinda important I can get it down quick. If not I was thinking of a water spray or something to hydrate my throat? What have you post oppers experienced about water?

After a few months I found I can drink fairly normally.

But for the first few months sipping was the only option.

I had a wrap -so a faster recovery time - though I think stomach size after healing is similar.

I can drink a medium sized glass of water on an empty stomach in one go with no issues.. Eating and drinking at the same time is a totally different issue

Thanks for your replies.. well I won't be eating and drinking at the same time, infact I avoid eating a few hours before a gig or I start belching down the mic (pleasant) as the breathing technique for singing really doesn't really go with a full stomach of undigested food! So I eat at lunchtime on gig days and then maybe something late after the gig. I do tend to drink alcohol though with lots of water! So drinking during performances is what I really want to know about.. will I be able to do that?

I have my first full gig booked 4 weeks post-op! 2 hours of singing with a 20 minute interval inbetween. I hope I'll be ok by then!?? It's a high paying private function so I really want to do it!

Haven't we been over this before?! You really won't be able to glug water for a good couple of months. You can sip though.

Err sorry if I'm repeating myself I guess it must be pre op nerves, didn't mean to annoy anyone

You are not annoying anyone huni. We all have nerves before the op. it's a massive deal, both physical and mental and you are entitled to a wobble or two
Hugs :) x

I find that drinking in fact drinking or eating makes me burp lots! Just be warned lol could be embarrassing.
I think you have asked a very sensible question as it is specific to your job. Don't panic

Another thing you may want to consider is that at 4 weeks post op you may still be getting sudden drops in energy. I didn't really feel 100% until 8+ weeks after my op, and I healed quickly and had a text book recovery.
Unfortunately, no one can say how well you'll be able drink after the op. Everyone is different.

Good Morning,
You havent annoyed anyone, this forum is free for you to ask as many questions as you want and if you felt it was un answered before then you did the right thing by asking again.

You will be able to sip inbetween, that wont be a problem.

I had a Bypass 12 weeks ago, i returned to work 3 weeks after my bypass and i felt really well, i work in a day nursery running around after children, my job is VERY active and i was fine, we are all diferent as Fiona stated on the above post she still felt tiredness untill 8+ weeks, i have felt absoloutly fine from onset, i never had ANY pain from the moment i came out of theatre and i was up and about an hour from being brought to my room, my operation also went text book with no problems so we are all completly different and you will have to play it by ear as to how you feel in time for your gig nearer to the date.

I wish you well. :)

Maz xx

Back